Chapter 12

The hot poker ran into my upper right thigh. I screamed as loud as was possible with the little energy I had left. The pain blinded me momentarily.

"No!" I screamed through the tears.

I had gone through this many times. The creature -whose name I still didn't know - would poke me with hot iron, a knife, shoot me with a gun, and many more horrific things to get me to say "yes."

Unlike the first time I was tortured, my wounds didn't heal the next day. The injuries stayed so I was stuck in a life of pain that I couldn't escape.

I didn't understand why the demons wanted me to say yes. At first they wanted Sam and Dean, but now? They wanted me. I wanted to know their reasons for all of this. I needed to know their reasons for all of this. But I wasn't getting any information anytime soon with the situation I was in... Too bad I couldn't just die.

It had been four days since I had last seen Sam or Dean. Yesterday, I had lost faith that they were going to save me at all, just like a stupid damsel in distress like in movies. And my goodness, I hated those kinds of movies.

I honestly didn't know how I was still alive. I hadn't had any food since being taken from the hospital, and I had lost so much blood. Still hanging by my wrists, I was so weak, and I could barely lift my head up half the time. The only time I ever had energy was when a new pain would come my way, in which I would scream until the pain wasn't as sharp and my head would fall back down.

I could feel my resolution to always say "no" deteriorating. I didn't think I would be able to hold on for much longer. I was so tired, and I was so sick of the exhaustion. The amount of sleep that I had had in these past few days were minimal.

The creature looked at me once more with a cool expression.

"Julia," it said. "I will win."

I just weakly shook my head.

"All right, if that's really what you think... But you won't think it for long." It raised the gun one more time, aiming it at my left shoulder.

"Stop!" someone growled, in angry voice.

Instead of stopping, though, I was shot one more time. Whether it was for pure pleasure of watching someone scream, or one last chance to win, I'll never know. I screamed again, for the millionth time, and my head fell to the side, not being able to hold it up any longer.

"Jules!" another voice yelled, this voice deeper. Deeper in tone and deeper in the emotion protruding from it.

I couldn't raise my head, so instead I lifted just my eyes to look at the person. The lights were too bright,  but I forced myself not to close my eyes, and when they adjusted, I was overjoyed to see that my hope was not in vain. I was looking at Sam and Dean Winchester.

Dean ran towards me, completely ignoring the creature, whom Sam was taking care of.

The second Dean made it to me, he untied me from the hanging rope. I dropped down, but not before he caught me. His arms were warm and he smelled like boy, all sweat and soap. It was so comforting to have someone that I knew hold me, even if it was like a baby. I felt safe again. Though, I was still tired. My arms had no circulation. 

I looked up into Dean's eyes, so happy that he was there to save me. My mouth twisted in what was supposed to be a grin, but probably looked more like a grimace, and I taste the metallic taste of blood that opened from the side of my mouth, which had been gashed open. My voice was rough and weak when I spoke. "Thank you."

His eyes filled with tears, and his voice was gruff. "I'm so glad we found you, Jules. Don't close your eyes. Not yet. Talk to me. Tell me about your friends."

Meanwhile, Sam was fighting the creature, and boy, he put up a fight. The two beings swiveled across the room so swiftly that it was hard to see them zoom by eachother, and even harder to see what they were doing. Soon the creature ran out the room and Sam followed it.

"But I'm so tired," I whispered. My eyes closed but he shook me, not helping at all with my headache and what felt like a broken rib

"Speak to me."

"Okay," I whined, "I have this one friend. She's so cool. You and Sam would like her. She has long black hair, and all the guys like her. One time, she ate so many oreos that she threw up. After we got over the shock, we laughed for a million years. I miss her... I-I don't feel good, Dean."

"I know, I know," he soothed. "It'll get better soon, Jules, I promise."

"Okay," I whispered, forcing myself to believe him. "Where's Sam?"

"I'm right here." From my right, Sam spoke and walked closer to us. His head was bowed in what my weary brain could only process as shame. "It got away. I really tried, Dean. I'm sorry."

Dean growled angrily, "How could you let it get away?"

"Well I didn't do it in purpose!" Sam said defensively, his head snapping up.

"Now she has to stay with us even longer," Dean grumbled to himself.

Ouch. "Dean," I mumbled, "I know you don't want me to stay, but I have to stay with you. He told me. And he told me that I was your sister. But you guys don't believe me. I don't want it to be too late."

My eyes were drooping deeply when Sam and Dean said at the same time, "Who said that?"

"Me."

I was able to look at the speaker before exhaustion took over me and I fell asleep.

It was Castiel.