Chapter 6

"Holy mother of monsters, this is delicious!"

Jules' eyes lit up as she took another bite of her cheeseburger. Dean sat next to me, holding his own bacon cheeseburger. He wasn't eating it, which meant something was bothering him. I understood how he felt.

Jules, on the other hand, looked alive. She sat still but her eyes smiled and she seemed to be as content as could be.

She had no idea what had actually happened.

Dean and I had been sitting in the impala for hours in front of Jules' house. My eyes were slowly closing, even though it was too early to go to sleep. Twenty minutes prior, her mom came home, carrying in just her purse and suitcase with her. My eyes were closing when Dean slapped my arm and said, "Sammy, look."

I snapped awake and moved my eyes to where he was pointing at - the kitchen window. Jules was slowly walking toward her mother, with a worrisome look on her face. She put her hand on the lady's shoulder.

Immediately, her mom fell to the ground and Jules screamed. She seemed to struggle as she picked her mother up and carried her down the hall. A minute passed, and I started to wonder if we should do anything.

My question was answered when Jules was thrown against her wall and the picture behind her shattered.

"Yeah, we better get going," Dean and I said at the same time. We ran out of the car, went to the trunk, and pulled out our knives with certain images engraved on them to kill the demons. It was only a few more seconds when we heard another crash.

I turned around and blanched, because Jules was halfway out of the window.

"Crap," Dean muttered.

We ran as fast as we could to her house and barged in. Her mother was holding Jules up, who was knocked out.

"Ah, the Winchester boys. I knew you'd show up," the demon-mother-lady said.

"Let her go," Dean said menacingly.

She laughed. "My pleasure." Then, still laughing, she chucked Jules on the floor, forcing her to roll over, right in front of me. She was limp.

She looked awful. Her clothes were torn and blood was everywhere, from where the glass had cut her skin.

It saddened me that this had to happen to a little girl.

I growled, "Who are you?"

"I don't have a name. I came to give you a message."

"Oh and what is that, oh secret one?" sassed Dean.

I would rolled my eyes if they weren't locked with the demon's.

The demon hissed and said, "This girl will be the death of someone you love. You already knew one person like her, who is now dead - "

"Who sent you?" Dean interrupted.

"I dare not speak his name." It launched itself at us, to our not-too-great surprise. We were prepared and I turned to the right, Dean to the left, and in a second, the blade in my brother's hands went right inside Jules' mom's chest. She screamed and the demon inside her died.

"Well, that got really bad really fast."

Dean hurried to the mother of Jules and felt her pulse. "She's dead," he said to me.

He looked sad for a few seconds until his face hardened and turned to Jules. He picked her up bridal style. "We better take her with us," he growled. He turned around and made his way to his car, about to make a very stupid decision.