Ch.1♡: for starters.

(Desireè above; Age 24)

Prolouge

I grabbed my over night bag, and gently turned the knob to the front door , attempting to open the door quietly as possible . While walking out , I shut the door allowing it to make it a low click and ran downstairs ; out of the apartment building. I got inside of my peach colored Impala and sped off.

........

It was now morning . I sat in the kitchen and ate a bowl of cereal and heard someone coming down the stairs. When they entered the room , I didn't acknowledge them . I just pretended that they weren't even there.

"Desireè what are you doing here?" My step father , Hisan , asked.

"Oh . Hey Dad! I came to say Happy Father's Day . Duh" I giggled as I got up and hugged him.

"Soo Happy Father's day." I smiled.

"It's 7 am though . You had to come this early?" He glares at me suspiciously .

"Yeah.....we have a big day ahead of us. I'm taking you to breakfast and I wanna get you a gift."

"Oh okay." He went into the refrigerator and grabbed a jug of orange juice then poured himself some.

"How's mom?" I asked .

"Shes good . She's upstairs sleeping." He sat across from me and opened up his laptop . As he did that my phone went off and it was him . I quickly pressed decline and took a deep breath.

"What happen to your wrist?" He questioned

"Huh?" I rubbed my fresh bruise.

"What happen?" His eyebrows furrowed , analyzing my wrist .

"Oh! Oh my wrist . Umm I burnt myself with some flat irons while I was doing my client's hair...It's nothing though."

"Is everything going okay at the shop? You need anything?"

"No dad, I got everything taken care of. I'm payin all my bills on time and Fame is helping me, so I'm fine"

"Are you sure everything is okay besides the shop"

"Yes old man...im 24 years old. I'm fine...we gotta get out of here in a hour, I gotta a client at 11:30" I chuckled

My mother came downstairs arguing on the phone with my younger brother Fame.

"You need to come home for the holidays, at least for fourth of July."

"Mom, I'm going to come after the semester is over, did you like the mothers day gift I got you?" He said through the speaker phone.

"Yes I did....but I want you to come home for the holidays sometimes ya know.... im glad your in college but dang you ain't got time for your family when ur on break."

"Mom stop" he whined.

"Its father's day...did you send your dad a present?"