Meeting Beck

Tall, dark and handsome.

                That's what he is. His dark brown hair, looking as if he just got out of the shower and ran his hands through it. His dark brown eyes, a pool of endless milk chocolate. His deeply tanned muscular skin, reminding me of my time at the beach during previous summers and spring breaks.

                Gorgeous.

                That's all my mind can conjure to describe this beautiful man's Greek god-like appearance.

                "Take a seat." His deep voice commands, gesturing with his hands at the two plush seats in front of his desk.

                "Thank you." Good God, woman! Did you have to squeak?

                A twitch of the left corner of his lips is all that is needed to make me think that he noticed my momentary lapse of tone in my voice...at least I hope it's momentary...

                "May I see your resume?" He inquires.

                As I hand over the rough parchment paper, I can only hope that our hands, or fingers, or something will brush each other.

                Nothing.

                He is very professional as he grabs the top of the paper that my hand is not grabbing on to, careful to come nowhere near my hands.

                As he reads it over, I notice him cocking his right eyebrow in approval. His eyes, sweeping the page  faster than I had ever seen anyone read.

                "Mr. Castner?" He inquires, looking me over again.

                "Yes sir. He was my previous employer-"

                "I noticed." He interrupts, and I narrow my eyes as he continues. "He is quite the multitasker, if I remember correctly." I nod, and open my mouth to respond, only for him to continue. "Although I must say that my business is presumably quite larger than his." He looks at me. "If you are offered this job, you will need to be available twenty-four seven. Is that clear?" I nod. "Good. You will need to be able to keep up with my appointments, as well as remember who the people are, and why they are important to the business, as well as myself. You will be equipped with a computer, and smart phone for business, as well as a company credit card for things you will most definitely be needing to buy on a regular basis."

                "Yes sir. May I ask a question?"

                "Obviously you've just done so. You may ask me one more thing, however." He says.

                I hide a smile as I realize that he just quoted Harry Potter; whether or not he meant to, however, remains a mystery.

                "Thank you, sir. Does this mean that I've received the job?" I ask nervously.

                "I'll see you at 7:30 A.M sharp." He says, grabbing some papers from his desk, and going back to his computer monitor.

                "Yes, sir."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                "So... you got it?" Chelle asks.