Doctor Appointment

"Kristen! Just friggin' drink the nasty drink. Jeez." Dyllan yells at me while laughing his butt off at my face, doubled over the kitchen sink.

"Douche." I mumble, picking the bottle back up. Leaning forward to smell it again, I hold back a gag. "It smells so groooooooss!" I whine.

"Don't make me pin you down and shove it down your throat. You know I will." He threatens, taking a warning step closer to me.

"One more step, and I'll pour it down the drain." I warn, holding the cup over the drain.

He just stares at me. "Really, Kay? There is more."

"Oh..."

He shakes his head. "Just drink the damn prune juice. You're the one that lost the bet."

"Fine." I huff, pinching my nose and tossing the disgusting purple liquid back like it's a shot of whiskey. As soon as it's down and the awful after taste is left in my mouth I splutter and cough like an old man that's been smoking his whole life. "Jeez, Dyllan. It's awful. Why in the hell would you make me drink that?"

"You're the one that agreed." He says with an even face.

"...screw you."

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

"I'm coming with you, and that's final." Dyllan says, grabbing my keys off of the counter and opening the door of my apartment.

"Of course you are." I sigh, and grab my purse as I walk out the door.

"I looked up the quickest route to get there last night."

"Why?" I ask looking up at his face with a questioning look.

"Because you always run late to important things." He says, raising his eyebrow at me.

"I do not!" I yell, offended.

"Correction: You always run late to things that are important to your health." He shakes his head. "And look now, your appointment is in ten minutes, and the place is fifteen minutes away. Well, if you were driving to it, it would be twenty minutes away. But thankfully, I'm here. We'll be there in five."

He wasn't lying. Looking at the clock as we pulled into the parking lot, it only took us five minutes. On the dot. Show off.

He gets out of my truck, and walks around to open my door for me.

"Come on, Ms. Pouty." He laughs, gently pulling me out of the truck. "You'll be fine. I'm right here."

Looking up at his face, I'm completely knocked back by his good looks. His wavy hair golden in the sunlight, each strand a different shade of brown so light, it looks blonde. His bright green eyes shining like the leaves of the vines at the pool we used to go swimming at. When he turns to look down at me, I'm in utter shock at how much I still care about this man. I thought I'd pushed all my feelings about him away when I moved here...apparently not. He smiles down at me, and I can't help but admire how perfect his bright white, straight teeth are.

"Come on, I'm not falling for that look. You're too good at manipulating me to get what you want." He says, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the building.

I'm so glad he thought it was just a ruse. I don't know what I'd do if he knew what I was really thinking.

Walking up to the counter, he pushes me ahead of him, and I smile as the lady on the other side pushes the glass to the side.