Consquences and Surprises

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE USED IN THIS CHAPTER. IF THIS OFFENDS YOU, OR YOU ARE NOT OLD ENOUGH (13+, ALTHOUGH I'D PREFER AT LEAST 17) PLEASE DO NOT READ. I WILL SEND YOU A SUMMARY OF THIS CHAPTER, OR EDIT IT FOR YOU TO READ WITHOUT THE CURSING. THANK YOU!

Cold. That's all I can feel right now. I don't know where I am, and I can't open my eyes to look around and figure it out. An unwanted chill settles over me, and I am suddenly frightened. What if I died? What if this is where I was sent? What if I wasn't good enough, and I'm forced to spend an eternity in this cold...emptiness? But wait...there...a small spot of warmth appears on my body. I don't know where it is, but it's a stark contrast to the freezing air. Smiling internally, I'm excited to know that even if I am dead, I'm not subjected to an icy eternity. The warmth slowly spreads through my body, and the chills recede. I decide that it's coming from my side area, a bit above my hip.

Slowly, sounds start to appear. First a loud, constant beeping noise. Then a dripping. And then deep breathing. I don't know if it's mine or not, because I'm not sure if I'm breathing or not. But the breathing...it's deep, and slow, and heavy. Someone is sleeping. It sounds like it's coming from where the warmth originates.

I feel myself frown. I can't move my eyes though, or I would open them to see where I am, and who it is that's sleeping. Struggling, I focus all of my energy on my eyes and the act of opening them. Eventually, I am able to flutter them but it saps a lot of my energy up. I decide to wait a while until I try again.

Suddenly, the deep breathing grows lighter, and the warmth disappears. Something gently runs down the side of my face, and a pair of lips gently kisses my temples.

"Kristen, I'm sorry for the way I treated you... I'm so sorry." A deep voice whispers against my forehead.

Confused, I try once again to open my eyes, but am unable to even flutter them this time. My mind grows hazy, and I struggle to stay awake any longer. Slowly I start to drift back into unconsciousness. But before I'm completely gone, I hear the voice whisper, "I love you."

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Pain sears through every part of my body, and my eyes flash open.

Fire.

Everywhere I look, fire is burning. The ceilings, the floor, the walls, the furniture....everything. Looking down my reclined body, I see that I am also on fire.

I scream.

"KRISTEN!" A voice screams, and I look around for the person calling out my name. But I don't see anyone.

Suddenly a torrential downpour of water falls on me, and everything disappears.

A long time passes before I hear anything again.

"Kristen..." The voice sounds further away, or maybe it's just quieter.

Are my eyes closed now? I think to myself. I swear I just opened them...

Slowly, I open my eyes again. Thankfully, nothing is on fire this time. Quite the opposite, actually. Everything is white. There is no black here. Nothing even remotely scorched. Strange. Then I look at the bed, and see the railings. Great. I've missed the hospital.

"Thank God."

Looking to my right, I see deep brown eyes boring back at me. Isaiah. I smile in greeting, but I think it comes out more of a wince. His strong arms wrap around me, and squeeze me tightly. But when he pulls back- only slightly- his eyes are boiling pools of anger.

"I thought I told you to eat." He growls.

"I do."

"No. You obviously haven't been, Kristen." I see his fists clench out of the corner of my eye, and I shrink back into the bed. "Would you like to know what your sugar levels were when you got here?"

I shake my head. I don't want him any angrier at me.

"Fucking eighteen, Kristen!" He yells, standing up and glaring holes through my head. "EIGHTEEN! Do you not even realize that you could've fucking DIED?!"

I flinch, and feel my eyes start to water. "I'm sor-"

"I don't want to hear that you're fucking sorry, Kristen. I don't want to hear your excuses for not eating, or anything else. I want you to start fucking taking care of yourself!" He growls again, leaning back down to look deeper into my eyes. "And don't you dare cry. You knew this was coming." But his eyes grow gentler, an his voice softens a bit.

"I was running late." I mumble, looking back down at myself in the stupid hospital gown...again. "I didn't have time to stop, and I was too busy during lunch."

"Kristen..." He sighs. I look back up at him, and he's shaking his head looking down at the floor. "If this is how you...how you handle your life...." He looks back up into my eyes, seemingly hesitating, but then grows resolved. "Then I can't be in it."

As soon as the words leave his mouth, I feel my heart break, and my breathing stop. I could hear it, too. The heart monitor flat lined. Just for a few moments. But it did. I guess that's what it looks like to see a heart break. My eyes fill with tears.

His eyes flash to the heart monitor, and he hesitates again. His eyes flash, and he looks back at me. "I can't watch you kill yourself, Kris. It'll kill me, too." He whispers and walks towards the door. I watch as he opens it, but doesn't take leave. He looks back at me, and I can see him fighting internally to say something. "I love you." He blurts.

Three things happened simultaneously. One, my breath stops- yes again, man my lungs are really taking a beating today- and my eyes just about fall out of my head as my jaw drops. Two, his eyes widen, and he steps backwards as if the air was just kicked out of him. And three... Dyllan walks up on the other side of the door.

Well, fuck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I know this is a short chapter, but no fear, I plan to (PLAN TO, lol) update again tonight. And I will, unless work calls me back in, or a major disaster happens. Aaaaanyways. Thanks for all of the support, I honestly can't get over how amazing my fans are. I love every single one of you!

Also, I'm thinking about maybe holding a contest (not sure what kind) for my followers, and even just the people who read this, a chance to concoct some kick ass character to come in to the story. I won't tell you who the character is, or what s/he will do...but I'm seriously debating it. Let me know what y'all think?

Love y'all,

FayAnne. (: <3