Depression and Presents

"So how you holding up, Princess?" Isaiah asks, as soon as the doctor walks out of the door.

"Well, physically...I'm one-hundred percent. But...mentally, and apparently emotionally...I'm not so great."

Cocking his head to the right, his eyebrows scrunch together, and his eyes show concern.

"Well what's wrong, Kris?"

"I, apparently, am depressed. That was a psychologist. He says that I'm suffering from PTSD, and am clinically depressed."

"What does that mean?" He asks, taking my right hand in both of his strong ones.

"It means that I may never get my memories back, because I'm going to suppress them....it means that I'm going to stay broken and...and in the dark...for the rest of my life." My voice cracks a few times towards the end.

He leans forward, and pulls me into a huge bear hug.

"I'm here, sweetheart. I'll always be right here for you. Okay?" He looks into my eyes. I nod. "I'm always gonna be your shoulder to cry on, and your ear to talk off. I'm not going anywhere."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." He says, squeezing me tightly. "Now...do you want your presents?"

I perk up. "Presents?"

He laughs, and goes over to the chair by the door, where I notice some bags and boxes wrapped in birthday paper.

"From Chelle." He says, handing me a box that takes up my whole lap.

I immediately go to the corner, and start ripping at the paper. My eyebrows spike in the air, and I look at him.

"You told her?"

"Told her what?" He asks innocently, looking down.

"You know what." I say, looking down at the box of goodies in my lap.

"That your destructive when it comes to anything electronic? Yes, yes I did." He says, grinning proudly.

"Mhmm."

"Sorry?"

"No you're not. Don't lie." I raise my eyebrow.

"Well, no, I'm not." He chuckles.

I reach in, and grab the new phone- an iPhone 5c- with a customized Texas Rangers Lifeproof case on it. I shake my head. My best friend knows me so well. The next thing I pull out, is a New Orleans Saints Lifeproof case for an iPad.

"I don't have an iPad, though." I tilt my head, and look up at Isaiah. "Why would she get me this?"

"I dunno."

Reaching back in, I pull out a grey shirt. Unfolding it, I read "Property of Texas Rangers Baseball." I giggle, and refold it, placing it beside me. Next, I pull out a blue shirt, and I don't have to unfold it to read the name on the back.

"Kinsler still plays for them??" I ask Isaiah happily.

"Actually...no." He says hesitantly. "They just, uhmm...they just recently traded him...a few months ago...for uhmm, Fielder."

"KINSLER IS WITH THE BREWERS?! What the hell?! He deserves better than them!! He needs to be with us! Or a winning team, if we HAVE to trade him to anybody." I rant.