Kristen's Birthday

WARNING: There is intense non-consensual sexual activity, if you are sensitive to that, please do not read the flashback inside of the flashback. Thank you.

Hearing the door squeak, I look over and see Isaiah walking in.

                "Hey, how are you doing?"

                "I'm alright, what's behind your back?" I ask, seeing him hiding his hands behind his back.

                "Oh, nothing..." He says, avoiding my eyes and walking to his chair.

                "Ok... So, what's going on?"

                "Well," He starts, pulling a box from behind his back. "I thought you'd like a present for your birthday."

                "Oh! I didn't know it was my birthday..." I admit, feeling suddenly very disoriented.

                "You didn't?" He asks worriedly.

                "No..."

                "Well, it is, so...are you going to open your present, or must I do it for you?"

                "Give it here."

                He hands me the medium sized box, wrapped in the cheesy wrapping paper saying 'Happy Birthday!' Taking the corner, and gingerly ripping it open, I see that it's atleast double wrapped, if not triple wrapped. Turning my head, I glare at Isaiah.

                "So, I may not remember you, but the way you've been treating me, it seems like we're close. So, I feel like I can say this without feeling too bad.

                "You're a douchebag. Why, in the hell, would you decide that giving a girl in a hospital, who can barely even walk, a present wrapped more than once?"

                "Yeah, well, I just didn't want you to think that you're different. I do this to everyone." He says, ruffling his hands through his hair, and looking down at the present he got me.

                "Ok, well, what I said still stands."

                "I know." He says with a slight chuckle.

                Tearing the rest of the first layer of paper off, I look for a place to start on the second layer...it' s all covered in tape.

                "I'm going to kill you. Make you open this first, and then kill you." I promise, giving him the best death glare that I have.

                "Here." He grabs my present, and sticks one hand in his pocket, pulling out a knife. He flips the blade out, and slices a clean cut through the corner of the box. Handing it back to me, our hands brush each other, and I feel a shot of electricity shoot up my arm.

                "Damn,"  I mutter. "My heart monitor just shocked the crap out of me."

                "I'm sorry, do you want me to get a nurse?"

                "No, I'm fine." I promise, ripping the rest of the paper off of the box. Once all of the wrapping paper is gone, I open the plain white box to see a book.

                "Wilderness Survival for Dummies? Really?" I ask him, slightly offended.

                "Well, you know, I don't want to lose you...again." He admits, looking at the ground.