(14) Water Park Pt. 1

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Are you sure you want to do this, Hailee?" Meg asked, peering over the edge of the rail - which leads to a very long fall to the ground.

I gulped, blushing at the way Brent and Alex were staring at me expectantly, waiting for an answer. "Yeah," I finally blurted out, giving myself a mental slap.

Andrea had stayed down, too scared to ride this - she also didn't have a partner to ride this. I asked, but she denied and Meg agreed after I begged her - but me? Oh no, I had to be stubborn and take on whatever challenge anyone presented.

I shrugged, at least I brought Meg with me to suffer.

"Oh, come on, Hails. It's not that bad," Brent assured me, cupping my shoulder. The action unsteadied me, and I wobbled - much to Alex's amusement.

"I agree, just close your eyes and scream. In ten seconds, you'll be fine," Alex said, acting out his words.

"That's what he said," Meg commented, grinning.

Both Alex and Brent raised their eyebrows and chuckled, finding amusement in Meg's joke.

"Wow. Why are there so many girls staring at us, Brent? Think they're trying to check out my good looks?" Alex whispered to Brent - loudly I must say.

"No," I deadpanned and crossed my arms, stopping Brent from replying.

Alex looked at me with a surprised expression. Then, he smiled evilly. "That's not what you said last night," he said, winking.

My mouth dropped to the ground, and my head immediately went to Brent to check his reaction. He was colored, his gaze to the ground.

Even though he and Alex had apologized, Brent was a little touchy on the subject of the fact that I was with Alex before I was ever with him. He also felt guilty for that, because he said that if he would've just told me he loved me sooner, I wouldn't have felt the need to be with Alex at all.

Actually, Brent and Alex never exactly 'apologized.' Alex just came up to Brent and gave him a hard slap on the shoulder. To which Brent smiled and nodded, and they were suddenly best buds again. Meg told me that is the most sincere way guys apologized. They weren't exactly all for sob scenes and hugs.

I will always fail to understand the male mind.

"Alex!" I scolded, slapping his chest forcefully.

"Good. I like it rough," he teased, winking.

Brent's head snapped to Alex, frustration apparent in his eyes. "Bro, stop. It's not funny anymore. No one's laughing."

My eyes flickered to Meg, and went back when I saw the amused look on her face. The guys seemed to notice my gaze, and they looked at her too. "You guys act like a bunch of five-year-olds," she said.

"You're one to talk," Brent, Alex, and I chorused.

Flushing, Meg pouted and looked down. "Do not!" she cried, scooting up on the line.

The guys and I followed suit. "You just proved it," I commented.

"Well who's the one making perverted jokes?" she asked, gesturing to Alex.

"That does make you more immature," I pointed out, turning my mouth to one side.

"Yeah," Brent agreed, nudging him.

Despite the situation, Alex grinned. "You guys are all ganging up on me because you're haters," Alex said, pointing ahead and moving forward.

I laughed sarcastically and then gave him a flat face, causing Brent and Meg to chuckle. I grinned back, smug at the look of fake hurt on Alex's face.