(12) A Poem

PLEASE VOTE/COMMENT/FAN 

and like and tweet and add to library if you want!:) 

<--------------- THOSE WAYS--------------> :D 

Well I hope you like it, 

Enjoy! 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

I had been to many watermarks before. Living I southern California, it was a no-brainer whenever it got hot or humid - Brent and I went at least 5 times a year. So, the event in itself was not such a thrill to me.

What made my blood rush an my stomach turn into a cage-full of butterflies is the thought that I was going to go with the three most important people in my life at the moment. And I was going to have fun with all of them.

I had called Meg after Brent told me about his plans. I was surprised her number was even in my phone, but she asked for it while in the car, and knowing Meg, she put it in there. I chuckled when I saw the name she put. "Megasouros ;)" The funniest thing was that she spelt it wrong.

She said that everything was great with Brent's plans and that the four of us should meet at my place in an hour.

I agreed and hung up, telling Brent what she said.

He grinned and patted my shoulder. "Good job, sport! You're excited, I can tell by your face."

I flashed my teeth wider - someone who didn't know any better would think I was grimacing. "You know it," I retorted, pointing my finger to him.

He took me into his arms, expression suddenly soft. I awkwardly embraced him, petting his shoulder like an idiot. I felt his breath at my ear, making chills run up an down my spine - even more so when he chuckled. I turned stiff immediately and pushed him away, confusion creasing my forehead.

Brent shook his head. "You know Hailee, most people would be annoyed by that..." he trailed of when he saw my face. "But I think it's awfully cute. Because I love you." he finished, an unfamiliar glint in his eyes.

Warm blood rushed to my cheeks, making them color. "God, I - I wish you wouldn't do that!"

"You are so... What's the right word?" he asked, a smug smile on his face.

"Cute?" I guessed, crossing my arms. It looked like he was about to say no, and that scared me for a moment.

Being called cute is a compliment to me, I don't know why. Yeah, anyone can be beautiful with the right amount of makeup, photoshop, and the right clothes framing their figure. But being cute, it's something that is inside of you. You either are, or you're not - trying to change that makes you look like a fool.

"Yeah, yeah. That's what I was looking for. You're too cute, Brent," he teased, winking.

I smiled with my eyes, tiling my head to the side. "Aw, why thank you! It means a-" I stopped when I realized what he'd said. A scowl formed only face and I rolled my eyes. "Someone's cocky," u commented, making a face.

Brent's face showed pure amusement, a the light reflecting off his iris beautifully. "Took you a while sweetie," he pointed out.

"Did not! I just wasn't expecting you to say that," I said defendingly, my arms flexing at my sides, fists clenching.

He gently loosened my joints and grasped my hands, swinging them back and forth. "I love you," he whispered.

I bit my lip, fighting back a blush. "Yeah, now will you please stop saying that? I know you just do it to tease me." I also don't want to feel bad when I don't say it back, he was right when he said I was never one for PDA.

"Hailee, I don't do it to tease you. I do it because I've known you for about thirteen years, and I know you have the attention span of a a goldfish. So if I don't repeat it, you might forget."

I scoffed, stomping my foot. I couldn't be angry though, it's completely true.

He winked. "See babe? That was a tease."

"So why do you say it so much?" I inquired, jutting my chin out.

"When I tell you I love you, I don't say it out of habit, or just to make conversation. I say it because you're the greatest thing that has ever happened to me," he said softly, reciting my favorite poem.

I smiled gently, tears threatening to overflow. "You remembered?"

He smirked, shaking his head. "You had that poem on just about every wall of your room and your binder in 8th grade. Of course I remembered," he assured.

"You're so bipolar," I said flatly, a face to match.

"You're so cute," he countered, pursing his lips.

I rolled my eyes. "You look like a creep doing that. So stop," I ordered pinching his lips.

He frowned and looked down, looking really hurt.

I wanted to make up for it, so I grabbed his neck, and brought his lips to mine ferociously. This kiss wasn't like the others. This one was a lot more passionate and deep. I lead easily in the beginning, and I was starting to feel cocky when I started loosing control.

Face turned away from him, my cheeks flamed. "No fair!" I cried, jutting out my lips.

"It seemed as if my sad face worked," he commented, winking.

I slapped his arm hard, my eyes narrowing. "Cheater!"

"Stop saying all that. I would never cheat on you," he admitted.

I bit my lip unconsciously. "Er, I wasn't talking about that kind of cheating," I mumbled, eyes downcast.

"I know," he said cockily, causing me to anger.

"Why are you alway-"

"We need to go. Now," he told me suddenly, his face scrunched up.

I grabbed my cell phone from my pocket and cursed silently when I realized the time. "We only have 15 minutes 'till they get there!"

I smiled wryly. "I know. Hence my alarm."

"Then let's go!" I yelled, pointing to my car.

"Ladies first," he said sarcastically.

I was going to do a whole lot of speeding to get home on time... 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

hi guys!:) been three days! 

Well it's almost 12:30 am where I live, and I'm sitting I bed, my leg hurting like a mofo. It used to have a hairline fracture that I never got fixed - and it's staring to hurt again D: 

But that's ok. I promised y'all an update. And here it is :) 

It's just a quick scene. I might update again tommorow. :) 

Kay? 

But PLEASE COMMENT/VOTE/FAN/LIKE/TWEET/ADD TO LIBRARY! 

if you like :) 

Well, till next time guys! <3 

xx