(2) The End

Hello there. Thanks for clicking next. I appreciate it. :)

Please vote, comment, fan. :D Enjoy!

Chapter Two: The End

The drive to school wasn’t that bad, just the traffic on the same street, as was every morning. I listened to the radio and sang along to random songs I found, whatever genre they were. At this point, it didn’t matter.

I stopped by Brent’s house, and honked the horn three times to let him know that I was here.

“Hey squirt! Happy Birthday!” he grinned at me, and I flashed a fake smile back. “This is for you,” he said, handing me a box in a gentlemanly manner.

I took his present in my hand, pretending to be flattered. I tore off the wrapping and opened the present, acting surprised even though I already knew what it was. “Awe Brent! You shouldn’t have!” I gasped as I took the diamond tennis bracelet out of its box from Tiffany’s.

“I did,” he said with a wink.

I looked over at him, taken aback by his good looks. Brent’s face belonged to a Greek god. His jaw was perfectly chiseled, a perfect nose to match. His eyes were a shade of green that you would only find somewhere deep in the ocean. His hair the color of stained wood - the kind that my dad and I used to buy at the home improvement store, spending a week making a piece of furniture for our home.

Basically, the perfect-looking guy. You know, the type that girls describe in romance novels? The ones that you fall in love with because they’re oh-so hot and oh-so sweet? Yeah, Brent’s that type of guy.

I didn’t even notice I was crying until Brent got a sad look on his face. “Hailee, you okay?” he asked gently, using his thumb to wipe a tear away from my cheek.

Right. The thought of the times that my dad and I used to spend together always made me cry. I quickly recovered as reality slapped me in the face. No, I couldn’t cry. Not in front of Brent.

It’s weird; everyone else is oblivious to what I do unless it happened that day. But Brent, he responds. What if... I take that as my brain giving me some piece of mind and push that thought away.

I mouthed a positive response and started my car, backing out of the driveway and into the street.

Brent kept watching my face intently the whole drive to school, which was about ten minutes. I tried to act like I was oblivious to his actions, but his piercing gaze was making me blush, and I was trying hard to push it back. The way it felt like he could see into me, into my soul, made me want to sink back into my seat.

I mean, sure we have been best friends since kindergarten, when some kids were teasing me, and he stood up to them, making them go away. That day, he walked me home and assured me that I was the most beautiful girl he had ever met and that my bullies were just jealous.

Of course, he only said it because he felt sorry for me. I don’t think he ever expected us to become best friends. But when my mother invited him to come over the next day, he agreed. And that’s when it all started.

I love Brent.I really didn’t know what I would do if my days didn’t include him. He was my only support system, and even though I have a lot of friends, he’s the only one I trust.

We finally arrived at the school and were instantly surrounded by our friends.

“Happy Birthday Hailee!”

“Awe Hailee! You’re finally legal!”

“You made it! 18!”

“Ha, you finally fit in with the rest of us seniors.”