(15) Water Park Pt. 2

COMMENT/VOTE/FAN!

<--Those Ways! -->

Thank you!

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter15

“Hailee, Brent, would you like to find out your superpowers?”

Brent and I looked at each other incredulously, then looked back at Alex with flat faces. I wanted to chuckle at the way he was admiring his turkey leg, twirling it around in his hand like it was made of gold.

“I’m pretty sure that last time you guys had me try out my superpowers, I made myself look like an idiot in front of 10 people,” I said accusingly, narrowing my eyes at Meg.

She smiled at me sheepishly. “Er, that was more of an initiation. You know, like at a frat club?”

“Not helping, Meg,” Alex said exasperatedly.

I nodded in agreement. “Now you’re telling me you guys are a frat club?”

Meg chocked suddenly - on air it seems, she had already finished eating. “No, no! When I made you embarrass yourself, I was just trying to see if you had a sense of humor.” I glared at her. “Apparently not.”

Brent harrumphed. “I think Hailee is plenty funny! And not the perverted kind, nor the childish kind,” he stated, looking at Meg and Alex pointedly.

I offered him a small smile, my stomach warming slightly at his comment. He’s defending me? That seems strange…

Of course it’s not strange, he loves you, silly!

My eyes flickered to Meg, and I met her smug smile, telling me she heard that last comment in my head.

“Well this time, we’re serious,” Alex announced, giving me a side glance.

I bit my lip, considering this. “Sure,” I said apprehensively.

I waited for Brent to answer, and when he didn’t, I nudged him gently with my knee. He started and looked at me curiously, completely ruining the whole point of a ‘nudge.’ “I’m with Hailee,” he said finally, our hands embracing.

Alex looked at us back and forth, a smile slowly forming on his lips. “Oh, so we’re themerry, happy, couple now?”

“No,” Brent and I said unanimously.

Alex scoffed. “Whatever,”

Meg cleared her throat, her eyebrows raising. “Anyway, Haille, come with me. Brent, go with Alex,” she ordered, snatching my hand and dragging me away from our table.

“Behave!” I called back to the boys, making sure I looked at them sternly.

“Yes mom!” Alex called back, earning a snicker from Brent – who immediately sobered when he saw my glare.

“Those boys are so immature,” Meg complained, stopping me on a corner.

I rolled my eyes. “Stop trying to get me to forget what I saw earlier,”

She looked down, blushing, her glamorous red curls framing her face. “Yeah, about that…”

“What about it?”

“Don’t day anything,” she whispered, biting her lip.

I crossed my arms in defense. “I won’t unless you tell me,” I retorted.