Between Love & Deception (Chapter 38)

Recap     

           Carter’s pointer finger tucked under my chin and tilted it so that I was looking in his face. “You’re not okay are you?”

            Just like that, once again, tears were streaming down my face and I was being pulled closer to Carter. “He left Carter. He left me, but mostly he walked out on his son. How could he?” I said, while trying not to choke on my tears. “Walk out on me, but not our son.”

            Carter didn't say anything, he just held me while I cried.

            “How am I going to tell Beau that his father walked out on him? What do I do, Carter?” I asked, while burying my face into his chest. Though, I felt some happiness knowing that I would always have Carter to be there for me, no matter what. Not in a intimate way, but a friend way.

            Carter swallowed hard, while looking straight ahead. “He will come back to you Samantha. He has too, you gave him something that no one else can. He may be out raged, and pissed but I really don’t think that will keep him from you in anyway.” He whispered.

            At that moment, I was completely and utterly thankful for Carter. He knew the right things to say and he had a way of making me see things in a different way. He was right, Danny was pissed but surely he wouldn’t let it keep him away from his son.

Chapter 38

Danny

            I sat up in the dark room and looked down at the naked girl that was lying so peacefully on my chest. Her long blonde hair was flowing across to the other pillow and her breathing was calm. I know I was being kind of stalkerish, but watching her made all of my other thoughts subside quickly. I mean, she’s beautiful and she was a hell of a player in bed. Both times. She had managed to take my unnerving thoughts and throw them somewhere else so I wouldn’t have to worry over them. Though, it only lasted a little while. Once she was tired of playing, she turned the other way from me and all of my thoughts of Samantha and Beau came flowing back in quickly. So finally I reached over to the girl and pulled her on to my chest. Just the way Samantha always used to lay on me after we would make love.

            For some reason though, I didn't feel any remorse for doing what I had done. Samantha deserved this. She deserves to feel the exact same hurt that I am feeling. How could I possibly regret bedding this beautiful woman that was lying in my arms? I know, this wouldn’t go anywhere after the morning because I wouldn’t let it. And chances are she wouldn’t either since she practically was the one to pick me up in the bar.

            She shuffled in the bed for a moment, and then looked up at me with no emotion what so ever.  My thoughts suddenly went back to Samantha and the way she treated me so sweetly after making love. This woman just looked at me like I was only there for one reason. I mean, I know I was but I wanted so much more than that with someone. I tried for it and got burned in the process once again.