Story Time!!!!

So,my little guppies,gather around for a true story..

Once upon a time,I went to a sort of boot camp..

I went because my dad wanted me to,not because I was bad like some of the others.

On the first day,our drill instructor had us get into our marching formation.He instructed us to memorize who was around us,so we could get back into formation every time he told us to.

To my left was a boy who,unlike the others,spoke to me.Though I can't remember what he said,I remember that he was funny and made me feel better,even though the instructor scared the daylights out of me.

The boy was all fun until I learned something about him..He had been shot in the stomach in a school shooting and he survived.

My father had told me about this boy and that I should meet him,but I didn't expect him to be next to me in formation.

He showed me the horrible scars that were left from what had happened and I was surprised(what more do you expect from a 12 year old!?).

The boy told me his story...He got shot because of a girl.He and another guy were fighting over a girl and it got so serious that he had gotten shot at school...

The boy'a story scared me at first...I couldn't think straight..But I eventually became less scared and became more inspired.

I continued to be this boy's friend until the last day of camp;our graduation.I was sad to leave him...I knew my chances of seeing him again were extremely small...We said our goodbyes.

I will never forget him.He inspired me because even though he had been hurt so badly,he still went to that camp.I am glad he did.

I'll never forget that boy.

Just thought I'd share that with you all,since it fluttered through my mind for a visit.

He probably won't read this..It's a one in a million chance.He probably wouldn't even recognize me.Its been almost 3 years now.

But to him:Thank you.

He inspired me to never give up :')

Until next time....Catch ya later:)