One Last Kiss

Haley: UmLuke can you help me? Lucas was playing basketball outside with Jamie when they heard Haley yelling through the house. Lucas grabbed Jamie and put her on his shoulders. She giggled on her way up. He held on to her legs as she held on to his head and walked into the house. Things had been tense lately with Chris in town. Every time he tried to talk to Haley, Chris would but in. He could not get rid of him. It was hard enough trying to live a life he didnt remember but trying to live it with someone as annoying as Chris wasnt helping. Not to mention Haley was a little hormonal. She was a week overdue and getting very irritated. In fact she took it out on everyone especially him.

Lucas put Jamie down and walked into Haleys room where he saw her laying on her back on the floor. She had her legs in the air and her arms swinging trying to get up. Lucas heard laughing and looked behind him to see Jamie with her hands over her mouth giggling.

Jamie: She looks like a turtle. Lucas looked back at Haley knowing she probably was not in the mood.

Lucas: Hey, why dont you go next door and play with Sienna.

Jamie: I dont like Sienna. But I can play with her brother Joey, we can play doctor. She said getting excited again. Jamie usually didnt play with other kids. She was kind of on her own doing her own thing. In fact she had grown up with so many adults in her life, Lucas thought this baby was going to be good for her. The only friend she had really liked was Joey who was two years older and a boy, which didnt make Lucas happy.

Lucas bent down at her level. You tell Joey, that he can be a psychologist.

Jamie: A psychowhat. Confused.

Lucas: Its a doctor who doesnt touch his patients. Jamie looked even more confused but nodded and ran out the door. I dont like that Joey kid, his eyes are shifty.

Haley still on her back: Lucas, he is 8 years old. The only reason why his eyes are shifty is because he eats a lot of sugar. Now will you please.help she was reaching her hand out to him. She was so tired of being pregnant. It wasnt that she didnt enjoy the whole experience. She loved having the baby in her stomach but she knew there was a reason that 9 months was the maximum. Her back hurt, she was moody, her feet were killing her and she couldnt even roll over. Example now.

Lucas: Oh yea, sorry He got in front of her and put both feet on either side of her. What Chris not here to help you. Haley glared at him and smashed her foot on top of his. Ow, ok, ok He grabbed each hand. 1, 2, 3 he lifted her up and they were soon face to face.
Haley: Thank you, yesterday I got stuck in the bathtub. He laughed and went to sit down in his chair. He was still staring at her. I know Im fat. I swear if this kid doesnt pop out soon, I am going to pull him out myself.

Lucas: Thank you for the lovely visual. I appreciate it.

Haley nodded and sat down on the bed. I thought you would.

They both sat there staring at nothing in particular when Lucas spoke up. Who said you were fat?

Haley waved off the question. Oh it was just Chris being Chris.

Lucas had enough. He got up Thats it, where does he get off telling you your fat.

Haley was surprised. Thats just him

Lucas: I dont care, I dont want you with him. Lucas had tried finding out if they were ever an item from Tim but he had avoided the question by asking him why he cared if he was still in love with Brooke. In fact I dont want him any where near my kids. He looked back at Haley only to be confronted with a surprised look. What?

Haley: That is the first time you have said my

Lucas looked confused. What are you talking about?

Haley: This past month, you have been very helpful but you have basically stayed emotionally unavailable. She put her hands on her belly. You just spoke of the kids as yours, its just nice to hear Lucas looked away from her.

Lucas: I dont want you to get the wrong idea here..

Haley: I know. You just dont like Chris. She looked down at her belly and it was then that she decided that she was tired. She had a baby coming and she had to worry about him or her. No matter how much she loved Lucas, she couldnt force him to love her back. She knew he would stay but she didnt want him to if he didnt want to.

Lucas: No

Haley looked back up at him. Well relax, we are not together.

Lucas: The way he has been groping you, youd think differently. He sat back down in the chair with his elbows on his knees and his hands clasped in front of him.

Haley: He was trying to help me. I should of known it wouldnt work. Actully he married Taylor

Lucas looked shocked but then got over it. "Surprisingly, that duo makes sense." Haley nodded.

She looked at the wall in front of her and then back at Lucas who looked so handsome. She knew she would always love him but it wasnt fair to him to keep him in a relationship he didnt want to be in. She knew it wasnt his fault. It wasnt fair to have Jamie give up her hopes anymore and it certainly wasnt fair for her to be with someone who didnt love her the way she loved them. I think you should move out.

Lucas was shocked. Haley, I know you are moody with the baby being overdue here but come on.

Haley: Luke, you dont want to be here. I can see it in your eyes. Before he could speak she got up and sat on her knees in front of him. Youre everything to me and I will always be yours. But I dont want to hurt anymore.

Lucas tried to talk but she wouldnt let him. I know its not your fault. I am not saying you cant be a father because I do but.. She got up and stood in front of him and he leaned against the back of the chair. You always loved that chair. If you dont mind though, I would like to keep it. Lucas nodded his head yes saying it was ok. I am going to leave, while you pack. I dont want to be here.

Lucas watched her go to the closet and put on her sandals. She then grabbed his old Keiths body shop sweatshirt and put it on. He knew this was the best, she was right. But he still couldnt help but feel as if something was major was ending. He had just ruined in 1 month what the old Lucas had built in a year. Haley walked over to him and sat in his lap so that both legs were on one side of his. Haley, I dont want to lose us

She knew he was talking about their friendship. She put her left hand on his neck. You wont, we are always going to be best friends. She pulled his face to hers for one last kiss. The kiss was gentle and soft like the ones she used to give him when they were younger when she was proud of him. Then she opened her mouth and gently pushed her tongue in to his. He didnt know what to do. He didnt remember ever kissing his best friend like that. Her tongue followed his bottom lip and she deepened the kiss until he responded. He unknowingly rubbed her thigh with his right hand while his left hand went to her neck. They pulled apart. I just wanted to kiss you one more time. She got up and left the room and then the house. Lucas was surprised. He hadnt expected that. He had liked it a lot but that just wasnt enough. He got up and began to pack his things. He walked into the living room and grabbed his car keys to start packing he noticed what she had left. Next to his keys was his mothers antique engagement ring and a note saying give it to someone you love, Love Haley Why did he feel like his life was ending? He knew this was what was supposed to happen. He put the ring in his pocket and looked around the house at what was once his life. He walked out the door and got into his car. As he drove away he looked in the rear view mirror to see Jamie standing on the neighbors porch staring at him with sad eyes. He felt like Dan, god he never ever wanted to feel like that. He noticed her walk into the house as he rounded the corner.

As Lucas headed away Nathan drove up to pick up Jamie. He was going to take her and Brooke out to dinner. He was going to tell her they were dating. He was nervous about how she was going to react. He knew she liked Brooke but she was very protective of her mom. He headed towards the door when he heard a noise. He waked around the house and saw Haley sitting with her back against the wall crying.

Haley looked up. I am not in the mood to hear any told you sos or how you knew it would never work. You got what you wanted Nathan. You got your brother back, how happy are you? He walked up to her and lifted her up and into his arms. She was stiff at first but then he felt her shoulders heave up and down and for the second time since she had seen him again she fell down into his arms and cried like a baby.