Spark

July 16, 2015 - when it all started.

ALDEN
-------------------

"Who is this girl?"

I was asked to sit down near the audience during the Problem Solving segment of Eat Bulaga. And then she appeared. She saw me. She smiled. She blushed. At first, it didn't matter to me. She didn't matter to me. I was used to this. For almost 5 years in show business, I've been paired with a lot of actresses. I've made television shows, commercials and movies with them, but no tandem seemed to stick. I've gotten to know them personally; hung out with them, went out and even dated a few, but there was nothing special. There was no spark. But this seemed different. It was raw, organic, authentic.

"What is she like in real life?"

You only see little of a person on screen. You don't see their fear, their doubts, their expectations, their personality; basically, you only see 20% of a hundred. Like I said, I've been in show business for almost 5 years, so I can say, the people who watch me on tv only see a portion of me. It's easier that way.

But this business is harsh. People judge you, assume things about you and brand you. And I've had my fair share of that. That's why I hide my true self, because it's easier that way.

When I was asked to host in Eat Bulaga, I was ecstatic. I've gotten so used to doing dramatic and heavy roles, not just on reel but in real life; especially when my mother passed away. Ah, well, that's a different story.

Anyway, it was July 16, 2015. Maine was on the Problem Solving segment at the barangay, and I was on the Broadway studio. I watched her, as she dubbed, and she was funny. Our gazes met on the split screen. And she blushed. I didn't know what to make of that.

She's pretty. I thought to myself.

MAINE
-------------------

This is embarrassing!

I didn't expect that. Why was he there?

It has just been 12 days since I started appearing on Eat Bulaga. Generally, I can say I'm a timid person. I always always keep to myself. I have a lot of friends, yes, but it has always been my, myself and I. It's hard for me to open up. I honestly don't know why. Sometimes, I catch myself getting drowned in my thoughts; and the silence is deafening.

This is why I wanted to join Eat Bulaga. When they called me to audition, I was more than happy. I wanted to try something different, to see myself in another view. And Yaya Dub was born.

Like I said, it's been 12 days since. It was like any other day of the Problem Solving segment. I was doing my usual dubbing when, he appeared. I was shocked. It's Alden Richards! My mind went wild. I didn't know what to do. So I just smiled. I'm sure my cheeks were flushed. He's Alden Richards for crying out loud.

It started to rain as the segment came to an end. I waved at him, and he waved back. Oh. My. Goodness. That smile. Those dimples. I gush!

--------------------