Patrick Kane

You were running around with your friends trying to find where the volleyball landed, when you run into someone. Not just anyone but a toned someone. You both go down, you landing beside him groaning about a pain in your back.

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to run into you-" You pause as you take a look at the stranger, he is wearing a hat just like yours -you stole it from a friend but minor details- "You're a Blackhawks fan! Patrick Kane is the best player ever." You exclaim, still trying to look at his face, you both were in a position where the sun cast a bright glare and it was hard to see a couple inches in front of you.

"Yeah," he mutters rubbing his neck, "I like Kane, he is pretty good." He clears his throat quietly, and then stands to help you up. "I have to get back to my friends, I hope we see each other again."

"Y/N!" Your friends shout next to the net, she is holding up your multicolored ball above her head ready to play again. You wave to the stranger, and run over to them, completely oblivious that underneath the hood of the cap, Patrick Kane was the one you ran into.

**

Two weeks later you found yourself sitting front row at your first hockey game ever. It was your dad and uncle's birthday and you spent a lot of money getting them here. "I'm going to get drinks!" Your uncle yells over the music playing in the arena during warm-ups.

You sit in your seat, bundled in your black puffy vest and a red long sleeved shirt. You couldn't afford a jersey especially after this game, so you tried to fit in as much as possible, but you don't know how to act during a game.

That is probably why you got caught on the jumbo-tron scrolling through your phone. And that is probably why all the players near you during warm ups were smiling like idiots, you got caught on your phone and you have a glass seat.

"Oh god please help my stupid daughter through this night." Your dad messes with you and you punch his shoulder. "Come on lets dance." Your dad and uncle gesture to the people behind you dancing to the Macarena.

"Dad this is embarrassing," You mutter as the camera stays on you. Your starting to think that it malfunctioned or the camera man fainted. Instead of dancing to the song himself, he made sure you danced by moving your arms to the beat.

**

"I have one more surprise for you two." You say even though they embarrassed you so much during the game, lets just say the camera revisited you three times. "I called in a favor to Y/F/N's brother's best friend's mother's cousin who knows Jonathan Toews' girlfriend's cousin's wife's brother. And he may have set up a meet and greet for you guys."

The security guard lets you through no questions asked and your in the foyer before the locker room. While you stay there, you push your uncle and dad into the room. "Hey, you must be Y/N's family, I'm Andrew."

You take a sip from the drink in your hand, not caring that it was your uncle's. Sliding down the wall behind you, you sit on the floor waiting for this long day to end. For some reason you liked watching hockey on TV better than the actual game, maybe because it is less of a headache and more cash in my pocket.

More people eventually filter out of the locker room, ranging from news casters to the Blackhawks' behind the scenes team. And then finally the players started to leave. One by one, they came up to say goodbye.

And then the last three players left walk out, the captain, Panarin, and Patrick Kane.

"Dancing girl!" Artemi's thick accent greets you when you look up from your phone. "You always on phone, you no get off of it."

"There are some nice things going on today, Artemi." You stand up to greet them, "My name is Y/N." You offer them your hand but all of them stayed tucked in their pockets. Okay, that is rude.

"I know who you are, we met at the beach a couple weeks back. You kind of ran into me." Patrick points out the screen saver on my phone. It's a photo of me and my roommate hugging in our matching white bikini's, both of us holding a bottle Budweiser but I was the only one with shades and a hat.

"I ran into you? More like you tackled me." You barely acknowledge Jonathan when he says he is going to take Artemi home, instead you fight Patrick, trying to prove that you are right.

You two go on fighting, taking jabs at each other, slowly getting closer with every breath. And then you both finally run out of insults,

"At least I'm not a hot shot hockey player, who is extremely good looking."

"At least I'm not a hot shot volleyball player, who is really beautiful."

You both bust out laughing, "You called me beautiful."

"Hey, you called me good looking, I think we're even." He throws his arm over my shoulder, unconsciously you grab his hand to hold it there, like it was a natural thing.

We continue to walk towards the parking garage, talking quietly between the two of us. "Where did your dad go?"

"They texted me a while back saying they took a cab home." You hold up your precious phone, basically the key to your life. "And this is my car." You gesture to the small vehicle in front of you.

You slowly start to strap yourself in and turn on the car but a tap on the window stop you from reversing. "I know this might be a bit much but I wanted to know if I could get your number. You know, for professional reasons."

With a quirk of your eyebrow, you take your time writing down your number. "All for professional reasons." You murmur with a small smile on your face.

You pull out of the garage, taking small peaks behind you to see him walking back to the players' lot. Your phone vibrates right after you pull on to the main road,

i lied
date you and me tomorrow at 6
i'll meet you at uc
Goodnight Y/N