Chapter #10

Riley pov

I open the oven and take out another batch of cupcakes I baked. I place them on the counter, in front of Sydney who was drinking a glass of wine. "And another batch of cup cakes. Yay." She says sarcastically.

I sigh, looking at the cup cakes she was suppose to put blue frosting on. "Sydney!" I groan frustrated. "We've been frosting cupcakes for hours!" She whines.

"Sydney be a good sport." Ms. Martin tells her from the living room, making table decorations for the baby shower with Emma.

"Be a good sport?" Sydney chuckles. "Why does everyone go out of their way for her?"

I frown, I thought her being jealous of Hailey was over. "Look, I know you've been having problems with work." Ms. Martin says making Sydney roll her eyes. "But I'm sure things will get better when you find another job. But today is about your sister, okay?"

"Hailey, Hailey, Hailey." Sydney mumbles picking up a butter knife and starting to put frosting on a cupcake.

My phone rings and I take off my oven mitts and answer. "Hello?"

"Hey, how's everything going?" Danny's voice rings through my ear. "Its OK." I look at Sydney who is angrily frosting another cup cake. "Should I be worried?" Danny asks.

I shake my head. "No, it's fine. Don't worry Tucker and Ben are at your apartment, painting the nursery and baby shower duties are being handled." I assure him. "How is she?"

"She's getting her make up done right now. She's tired and very sore." He tells me. "This is like your sixth interview in the past week right?"

He sighs. "Yeah. She had an emotional break down this morning before we left the house, Mom had to give her a snickers to calm her down. Seems like the closer her due day comes-"

"The harder it gets for her." I finish his sentence. "Yeah. But the doctor says it's normal though. It'll probably gonna get worse as her due dates get closer."

"Yeah, but don't worry, its all worth it in the end. You get two beautiful kids when the pregnancy is over."

"Yeah. I'm gonna take Hailey by the apartment to rest before the shower. There is gonna be photographers there to take pictures, I want her to be a little well rested, you know?"

"Okay, sounds good." I reply. "Alright, show time. I gotta go. Go turn on your TV." He tells me. We hang up and I walk into the living room. "Danny and Hailey are about to be on." I say picking up Emma, putting her on my lap and sitting down next to Ms. Martin. "Oh, I'm so excited." Ms. Martin exclaims as I turn on the TV. When I turn on the TV and it's already on the right channel, showing Jimmy Fallon talking. "I would like to introduce the star hockey player of the New York Rangers Danny Wheeler and his girlfriend Hailey Martin."

The crowd claps and cheers as Danny and Hailey walk on the stage. "My baby's on TV." Ms. Martin says excitedly.  Sydney comes into the living room and watches too. After shaking Jimmy's hand, Danny helps Hailey sit down then sits down himself.

Jimmy smiles creepily at them. "Look at you two." He says making them both giggle. "Hailey, did you ever imagine you'd be the spotlight? Why do you think people are so interested in you?"