Chapter 14

Chapter 14

First Year

I fluttered open my eyes. Where was I? What happened? The last thing I can remember was seeing the basilisk collapse to its death in the water. Was I actually alive? "Hey!" I heard a boy's voice called. "She's-she's waking up!" I opened my eyes and met ice blue ones. My brother Silvius was sitting in the chair next to me. His face flushed with relief as he looked at me. I glanced around. I was in the hospital room and laying in the same bed Madame Pomfrey always put me in. Sitting up, I felt dizzy, so I just sat back down and let my head fall onto the soft pillow. Madame Pomfrey rushed over to me with the same relief as Silvius.

"What happened?" I asked them rubbing my eyes.

"You've been out for three days," she told me. "Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley dragged you here along with Ms. Weasley, we treated her for shock. You had a dangerous fall, luckily you're alive. Mr. Potter said that you landed in water. You broke a few ribs, broke your wrist, and lost a lot of blood. You were very lucky Ms. Nyx." Madame Pomfrey said to me. I just smiled softly, luck seemed to be on my side for change.

"I came as soon as I heard," Silvius added quickly. "Dumbledore sent an owl. My headmaster let me take the Floo network." I smiled at him. I'm glad he came. At least one family member cared, not that I cared the others didn't though. "I thought I told you to stay out of trouble?" he joked. I laughed at that. "You got an award," he handed me a certificate. I took it and admired it. Me? An award? "Special services to the School." I looked around the room, it must have been early. I saw Lockhart looking around the room completely clueless, he was pointing to a picture and telling Madame Pomfrey that it was moving. "Can I ask you something?" Silvius said. I looked at him. "Why did you go down to the Chamber?"

I explained everything to him, from me hearing voices in the wall to running into Harry and Ron in the hallway the night we went down to the Chamber of Secrets. The only part I left out was how Draco has been bossing me around all year. "I see," he responded while nodding. "Our relative that opened the school in Salem was a Parsletongue. Mother's great great whatever." That explains why I could talk to snakes. It was genetic after all. "It wasn't passed down to all of us though, mother and father aren't Parsletongues. Neither are Dane, Avelina, Elvira, and I. Guess it's just you, but you never said anything." I just shrugged. I stopped talking about being able to talk to snakes when I was really young and my parents told me I was crazy. We talked a bit longer but eventually he had to go back to school. "Sorry, but I should probably leave now. Headmaster only gave me two days and you took longer than we expected. I'll get out of it though. See you back at home." Silvius left the room after giving me a quick hug. I know his 'see you at home' comment shouldn't have made me sad, but it did. Going home, we would be going home tomorrow.

Madame Pomfrey wouldn't let me leave right away. She wanted to make sure I stayed awake without any problems. If she saw that I was better she would let me go to the last Feast tonight. I had visitors though, which made it a lot better. Hermione was back to her normal state at least. She, Harry, and Ron came to visit me. Harry told me what happened after I passed out. He destroyed the diary which destroyed Riddle along with it. Ginny was alive and well, just a little shocked at the entire situation. Harry told me that Dumbledore was back, which I was very glad to hear. They left around twelve in the afternoon. Dasha and Eowyn stopped by to see if I was awake. I talked to them for a while as well. I told them what happened and they were fascinated by the whole story. They didn't like Harry and the other Gryffindors, but they still were glad that nobody was dead. Jake, Nico, Cal, and Gabe were here the longest. Jake was teasing me the whole time about my fall, he always found a way to make bad things seem funny. They also came up with a new nickname for me, "Scars". They said it worked in two ways, "Scars" from Scarlett and also because I was always getting hurt. I really hope that didn't stick. They bought me a whole load of candy. Madame Pomfrey kicked them out around four because they were being too loud and disrupting the other patients. I thought I was going to be stuck here bored for hours when the strangest of guest appeared, Draco. He was walking over to me. "Malfoy?" I asked$. "What are you doing here?"