Chapter 10

Chapter 10

First Year

If I thought everyone was going to forgot about Harry and I talking to the snake the other day, I would be lying to myself. Nobody forgot. Everyone was treating me horribly. Dasha and Eowyn still avoided talking to me by rushing off to class or to the library. Harry was in hiding most of the time too, so I rarely saw Hermione, Ron, and him. Jake was the only person who had no problem with talking to me. Quidditch was keeping me occupied as well, but it wasn't enough. The Slytherin house was only angry over the fact that people actually thought that Harry and I were worthy heirs of Slytherin. Although they were happy with me during our game against Hufflepuff, because the Hufflepuff team was too afraid to come anywhere near me. I literally hovered in front of the middle ring just throwing the ball through the rings with no problem. The only positive thing in my life was that Slytherin was now tied with Gryffindor. We would be facing them in the final tournament.

Due to the way everyone was treating me, I mainly left my dorm at night time. Most people were in their common rooms doing homework or hanging out with friends. The hallways were much quieter. I didn't have to worry about the all the nasty or frightened looks I would get in the middle of the day. As I was walking down the hallway just stretching my legs, somebody ran into me and knocked me to the ground. "Sorry!" the voice said. I looked up and saw Harry, but he looked angry from wherever he was coming from.

"Where were you rushing off too?" I asked him as he offered a hand, pulling me up to a standing position.

"Anywhere but there," he said. I didn't know where 'there' was, but I'm assuming it was bad. We began walking together down the empty hallway.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" I asked him confused.

"Probably the same thing that's been happening to you," he said still sound angry. "People accusing me of being the Slytherin heir and opening the Chamber. I had no idea it even existed before this year!" I nodded agreeing.

"Kill...kill...want blood..." There was that voice again. Harry and I stopped in our tracks, we both looked at each other with a knowing look. The voice was back... "Do you hear that?" Harry asked. I nodded and we took off following it for about three minutes until the voice faded. It was a bone-chilling voice that would cause most people to run the other direction, but we had to find out where it was coming from. 

"What do you think it is?" Harry asked me. I shrugged, I had absolutely no idea. Why did no one else notice this ghostly voice?

Harry and I waited for a few minutes to see if it came back, but silence. The two of us continued back down the hallways towards the moving stairs where we would go our separate ways. As we turned the corner, it wasn't a pretty sight. Nearly Headless Nick was floating in a frozen like state and behind him laid Justin Finch-Fletchley, the boy who we apparently sent the snake after. He was also lying frozen on the ground. He was in the same state as Colin. Harry and I looked at each other not knowing if we should run or call for help. Unfortunately Peeves flew by.

"Why it's wee Potty!" cackled Peeves, and then he looked at me. "Is this your new girlfriend Potty? Potty's got a..." He stopped laughing when he saw what we were looking at. Before we could stop him he screamed, "ATTACK! ATTACK! NOBODY IS SAFE, MORTAL OR GHOST! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! ATTAAACK!"  Peeves shouted. Panic rushed through me. Suddenly I heard the sound of many doors opening and then footsteps. People were coming, and all they were going to see was Harry and I standing over Justin's frozen body.