Chapter 11

Chapter 11

First Year

An owl was tapping at my window. Curious I stood up and saw that it was Harry's white owl Hedwig. I took the letter from the paw and passed her a piece of candy. I tore open the letter. It said, Tonight after dinner. So the Polyjuice potion was complete. The three of them were already at dinner when I got there along with  a few other students, so it would have been hard for them to tell me then. It was a weird set up, there was a smaller table in the middle of the Great Hall with just enough seats for all of the students and professors to sit together. It was a rather awkward mix of people. Most of the students ate in silence. Luckily Dumbledore was rather chatty and had a lot to say.

After dinner, I stood outside the doorway. I made sure Draco was in the common room before I left to stand by the entrance. Crabbe and Goyle were missing, which meant the plan was working. Finally I saw 'Crabbe and Goyle' approaching me. "Quidditch," Crabbe said to me. That was the code word we were going to use, so I knew it was them. I wasn't sure if it was Ron or Harry disguised as Crabbe. Then I noticed the glasses sticking out of Goyle's pocket and I pointed it out to Harry. He nodded and hid them even more. Wow...Polyjuice potion really did do it's job.

"Where is Hermione?" I whispered.

"Not sure," the disguised Goyle whispered back. I opened the passage and we all stepped in, me more ahead of them. Draco would find it extremely suspicious if I was ever seen hanging out with Crabbe and Goyle.

"Where have you two been?" Draco asked Harry and Ron. They both looked at each other. "Pigging out in the Great Hall all this time?" The both nodded and stood there like idiots. They were playing there part well. "What were you doing with them?" he asked me. I guess even walking in at the same time as them caught his attention.

"We just walked in at the same time, jeez," I defended and then took a seat at the table. I was going to be pretending to read a book to keep an eye on them. Draco turned back around.

"Well sit down," Draco said to Harry and Ron. He usually needed to do that for the real Crabbe and Goyle anyway, because they were used to being told what to do. "I wanted to show you something funny," he said tossing them a newspaper. I saw Ron's eyes widen in shock. They both read it and said nothing. "Well, don't you think it's funny?"

"Ha, ha," Harry said with his best fake laugh. They needed some help. Harry's reaction wasn't very convincing. Standing up from my seat, I walked over mindlessly and ripped it out of Harry's hands. They weren't acting the part too well anymore.

"What are you doing Nyx?" Draco asked me shocked. I looked up at him with the newspaper in my hand.

"I, um, wanted to see what was funny too," I said thinking quickly. The article was all about how Mr. Weasley was fined fifty Galleons for bewitching a muggle car and the rest was an interview with Mr. Malfoy on how unfit Mr. Weasley is to be in the Ministry. I quickly put it down on the table and walked away, giving Crabbe/Ron, a secret sympathetic look.

"You'd never know the Weasley's were purebloods with the way they behave," Draco said coolly. Ron's face filled with fury. "What's the matter with you Crabbe?" Ron lied and said that he was having a stomachache. Draco then went on ranting about how Dumbledore should be sacked and this school was a waste, the usual stuff. He finally got to what they wanted to hear. "I'm surprised there haven't been any more attacks this month."