Chapter 12

Chapter 12

First Year

I felt trapped inside my common room. These rules were terrible. The teachers were monitoring everything we were doing. One time, just for a walk, a tried to leave the common room to get a 'book' I needed for a 'homework assignment', but the prefects pretty much attacked me. But now it was very late. The prefects were already up in their dorms by now,  but there were likely teachers patrolling the halls. I was still filled with anger about the possibility of the school closing, no Quidditch, and not seeing my friends again. "Finish my essay?" Draco asked smoothly while taking a seat in front of me at the table. Today is not the day to bother me, I was already angry.

"No," I said bluntly. "I'm not doing your stupid essay!"

"Oh really?" he asked with a laugh. "Well then I guess that means you're going home then." He smirked and I glared at him. "Dear Father, Scarlett Nyx has been spreading mayhem throughout the school. Destroying properties, attacking students..."

"Shut up!" I yelled at him angrily. "Fine! Send me home, I don't care anymore! We're going to get sent home anyway, right! I'm not listening to you anymore! Go bother someone else!" I yelled while storming off. Alright, I know I was being really dramatic but I deserved to be.

"Where are you going?" he demanded while watching me walk off. The common room was empty. A lot of people stayed up in their dorms.

"Far away from you!" I said heading towards the exit.

"It's after hours! You'll get expelled!"

"I don't care! Tell on me if you must!" I replied back, stepping out of the exit and booking it out of there so nobody could follow me. What the hell was I doing? Snape threatened anyone who left with severe punishment, but by the looks of it the school was already going to be closed. What could they do to me? "Stupid Malfoy..." I kept muttering as I walked the abandoned corridors. I saw a mess of black hair and red hair go by me. My heart dropped in fear it was a teacher. Okay, so maybe I wasn't as fearless as I thought. "Harry! Ron!" I called to them when I caught my breathe. "What are you doing here?" They turned around, both surprised to see me.

"What are you doing out of your common room?" Harry asked curiously.

"I asked you first."

"We went to go visit Hermione and we know what the monster is, it's a basilisk. A giant snake, that's why we've been able to hear it! It's been using the pipes to travel around. If you look it in the eye, you'll die. But no one's looked it straight in the eye yet, they've just been petrified because they've seen it's reflection. The student that was killed all those years ago was Moaning Myrtle, and we think the entrance is in her bathroom," he replied really quickly.

"Who?" I asked confused, Moaning who?