Chapter 7

Chapter 7

First Year

Days passed. News spread around the school like wildfire that I was a newly instated chaser on the Slytherin team. I was also the second first year to be put on a house Quidditch team. I suppose Harry Potter was starting a trend. I was in the library, for a first, actually doing homework because Draco threatened that if I got detention on a practice or game day he would get me sent home. How long was he going to hold this over my head before I cracked?

"Carlie!" someone shouted. I turned around and saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione entering the library. Madame Pince glared and warned Ron to be quiet. They walked over to me. "I heard you made the Quidditch team!" Ron said fascinated. "Good job. Harry made it the first year too. You'll be playing against him soon!" I smiled over at Harry. "So why are you doing in the library?" he asked looking around like this place was a prison.

"Thanks," I answered kindly. "I love playing Quidditch but I'm not too happy about the people I have to play with." They loved that comment. 

And homework, can't afford to be kept after class with practice and all." I sighed annoyed while looking down at my very messy homework. It was taking me forever, I couldn't focus. Draco bossing me around had my mind wandering. "What about you guys?"

"Looking for information on the Chamber of Secrets," Ron said casually. Hermione's face flushed in horror.

"Ronald!" Hermione said in an angry whisper. "You can't be shouting that out."         

"What?" Ron asked confused. "Maybe she could help, she is a Slytherin after all."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked with an amused laugh. "And I doubt it, because I haven't heard anything else about it." The last time I saw that name was when I heard the terrifying mysterious voice that lead me to Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Never mind them," Harry said looking at Ron and Hermione who were bickering. Even more surprisingly, they took seats at the same table as me. Hermione came back after ten minutes while piles of books. Ron groaned. She was rapidly looking through books and shoving them at Harry and Ron. I was attempting to finish my homework, but couldn't help but wonder what they were up too. Hermione kept going back for more and more books. I think she covered every book in the library but didn't seem very satisfied.

"Find anything?" I asked them after a while, looking up from this boring homework. I wasn't even sure what they were looking for. It must be a rare topic if Hermione hasn't been happy with any of the books she's chosen so far.

"Nothing!" Hermione said angrily closing her book. "Absolutely nothing!" She crossed her arms and leaned back upset.

"We'll find something Hermione," Harry assured her. "There's got to be something on the subject." I did enough of my homework for it to be accepted. My teacher would probably accuse me of cheating if it was perfect anyways.

"I better get going," I said standing up from the table. "I can try looking too if you want? Maybe there will be something in my common room. You know, since I'm a Slytherin and all." I smirked at Ron.