Chapter 3

Chapter Three

First Year

The next morning I was awaken by someone poking the side of my shoulder. "Carlie...Carlie...Carlie...WAKE UP!" And then my pillow was pulled out from underneath me. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Eowyn sitting on the edge of my bed. Her flaming red hair was tied up on the top of her head in  wild bun. Her wide green eyes staring at me. When she saw my eyes open she exclaimed, "Oh good! You're up!" Who wouldn't be awake after that wake up method? "I was getting worried! I thought you died!" She said with a chuckle. I laughed. She had way to much energy this early in the morning. I sat up straight and leaned against the dark backboard on my bed. "So. Classes begin today! Aren't you excited?" She stood up and began pacing back in front of my bed, rambling on about how she was going to wear her hair and talking about how she was hoping the boys would be cute.

"Where's Dasha?" I interrupted after glancing around the room. Dashas's bed was empty and neatly made.

"Oh Dasha's been up for hours! She's an early riser. She's probably already read every book in the library at this point." I slid out of my bed and got my clothes from the cabinet. "Oh!" Eowyn gasped looking at her watch. "Breakfast is just starting! Hurry up so we have time to eat!"

"It's fine, you can go on ahead. I'll meet you down there." I liked moving slowly in the morning. Being in a rush normally put me in a bad mood.

"Okay, I'll save you a seat!" Eowyn said and then skipped out of the door.

I got dressed and made my way down the breakfast. When I entered into the Great Hall it was already packed and a large majority of the food was gone. Breakfast was my favorite meal of the day so I was a little disappointed. I passed by Draco Malfoy who was smirking at me in an amused way. He raised his eyebrows knowingly. What was that about? I looked at him confused but shook it off. I began to make my way towards my friends. "Carlie!" I heard a voice yell. I turned to see that Jake was calling me. Stepping away from the Slytherin table I made my way over towards his, which apparently was a crime because everyone around me was staring at me. "What the hell happened last night?" He must have seen the confusion on my face. "I mean how did you get into Slytherin? I thought you were cool?" He joked with a laugh.

"I am cool," I joked back. "The hat told me I was snappy or something like that?"

"Oh, then no wonder you got into Slytherin." Jake laughed. Those same stupid girls were giving me evil looks again so I just ignored them. "But, I guess I can still consider you a friend, even though you're a Slytherin. I'll have to make an exception, as long as you promise not to turn to the dark side on me."

"Gee, thanks. I'll try not to turn evil on you," I joked, but was unable to hold back a smile. "Well, I should probably go eat before the food disappears."

"Alright, but wait which class do you have today?"

"Potions is my first class," I answered and Jake cringed.

"Well, good luck with that..." Jake said. "Although you'll probably be fine considering you're in Snape's house. He's always nice to the Slytherins."