Chapter 1

Hello everyone here's a long A/N, you can ignore if you would like! This was probably one of the very first stories I've ever written. Just edited several times. It begins here with the 2nd and goes all the way to the 7th! I'm going to try to keep this realistic. By that, I mean I don't want to rush anything. There will be no falling in love at eleven and I really hope to keep everyone as close to character as I can.

Book in this series:

1. The Golden Emerald

2. Icy Moon

3. Flaming Truths

4. Heart of Darkness

5. Deathly Endings

Disclaimed for ALL chapters: JK Rowling invented this wonderful world and any of the amazing characters you recognize! She's a genius!

Also: Everyone always ask me to cast this series, but I picture Carlie as the girl on the book covers in a way! I couldn't find actors/actresses for the rest of the new characters, so just use your imagination & pick whoever you want.

Chapter One

First Year

"Up!" I heard a rough voice yell with a bang on the door. "Get up Scarlett!" This was my usual wakeup call from my father Desmond Nyx. I glared at the pounding on the wooden door. They never liked me, not from what I remembered. I wasn't obedient like my sisters Elvira and Avelina, I wasn't as interested in the Dark Arts as my older brother Dane was, and I definitely wasn't as perfect as my brother Silvius. I saw the world differently than all of them. I find muggles fascinating and think half-bloods have the best of both worlds. It was hard for me to keep my thoughts to myself, and most of the time they didn't like what I had to say. I couldn't find a difference between wizards who were muggles or wizards who were pureblood. And my parents most definitely did not agree with that. My mother treated me like some sort of curse, like a secret that no one was supposed to know about.

"I'm up!" I shouted back. I was isolated from the rest of the house. I was on the top level in the tower. It was the only room in our large manor that didn't have temperature control to it. Lucky for me, I always knew when to wear a rain jacket because due to the cracks in my roof the water would leak through. But nothing could bother me today, because today was the first day of my life that I was going away and not coming back for a long period of time. I won't miss my family, the only person I will miss is my brother Silvius. Silvius is fifteen and he is a fifth year at the Salem Sorcery Institute and is the only caring relative I have. Although he is kind-hearted, he holds 'similar' beliefs to my family. Silvius pretty much excels at everything he does. Basically, he's their golden boy. Soon I'll be on my way to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I'll probably be the only American there, considering most American wizards go to Salem. I don't mind though, I'm happy to go away. Far away.

I jumped up quickly from my small bed and glanced in the broken mirror on the wall. I cracked it when I whipped my brush at it once out of frustration, maybe that's why I've always had such bad luck. My dirty blonde hair was tangled and frizzy, it took me a few minutes but eventually I was able to get the knots outs. I quickly got dressed and happily left my room. Today will be a good day. No one was going to ruin it.