Chapter 8

Thanks to all the votes/fans

Chapter 8

First Year

If I thought I was nervous about try-outs, it had nothing on the nerves I felt for game day. I was literally shaking while flying around. The weather was perfect. The sky was cloudy and there was no wind. But it was much more intense with the entire school watching from below. Suddenly there was a lot of pressure on me. Flint ordered team practice an hour before the game, to make sure we would beat Gryffindor. The team was extremely angry about me getting detention last week. I had to miss three practices, so I felt even more unprepared. I saw Gabe walk into the changing room. He waved at me before he went in. Jake, Nico, and Cal all took front row seats in the Gryffindor section, I wish they played on the house team instead of just for fun, but they said it was too much extra work for them. They were all decked out in red and gold to support Gryffindor. Harry walked into the changing rooms right before the game, I smiled at him as he walked in. "Nervous Nyx?" I heard a voice ask. I turned around and saw Draco on his broom next to me.

"Pfft," I scoffed as if it was nothing. "Please, what do I have to be nervous about?"

 "Just don't screw this up, my father's watching and you wouldn't want him to report anything to your parents." He smirked and then flew off. I looked into threw the stands, the crowd was getting bigger by the second. I spotted a man seated next to Snape that must be Draco's father. He had the same hair color but tied back in a long ponytail, the same cold grey eyes, and the same unpleasant look Draco always wore. He was invited to come because he supplied the entire Slytherin team with new brooms. Luckily I already had mine, because I wasn't going to take charity from them.

The Gryffindor team came out of the changing rooms and my heart began pounding. I felt a mix of excitement and nerves. Madame Hooch called for the game to start with a blow of her whistle. We all got into position. I pulled myself higher and higher into the sky. Harry and Draco faced each other in the center while Flint and Oliver Wood had to shake hands. Gabe yelled, "Bring it on Nyx!" Loud enough for everyone to hear. I just smirked  over at him. Harry looked over at me and mouthed good luck, I replied the same. My team didn't look to happy about those little exchanges. The whistle went off. The Quaffle was released high into the sky. I went after it quickly, but Angelina Johnson had it and was attempting to score a goal. I flew as fast as I could over to her. When she threw it, I tried my best to grab it from her, but it didn't work. Luckily, the Slytherin keeper was able to block it quickly. I continued to go after the Quaffle.

The game went on for another fifteen minutes like this, no goals and no sight of the snitch. It was way harder than practice and Gryffindor was exceptionally good. Suddenly I saw the Quaffle flying my way, I grabbed it and the force almost threw me off my broom but I managed to stay on. I was already out of breath from all of this. I had to take a few breaths to regain myself. I flew towards the Gryffindor goal post where Gabe was guarding the posts, this wasn't going to be easy. He knew my fake out trick. I thought quickly and started heading towards the left ring, he went slightly right, thinking I was going to change to that direction, and I shot for the left ring. "Ten to Zero Slytherin! Come on Gryffindor!" Lee Jordan shouted into the microphone loudly. The crowd cheered, mostly Slytherins. It actually felt good to score a goal and to have my house semi-appreciate me. Gabe looked shocked. I just smiled and flew back towards the Quaffle.