Chapter 20

-Violets POV-
I didn't think it was humanly possible to cry as much as I have.
The entire funeral was shit. No one knows him!! I'm the only one that truly knew him!!
After 10 years of friendship and 1 week of dating, I knew him!!!!
They kept making everything religious- NASH WASN'T RELIGIOUS!!
They kept saying about how he was an amazing student and he was an amazing kid and he was smart- yah he was, but not a god student. He got D's and C's. He was amazing. But they kept making shit up about him. I knew it was what they needed to hear.
After the funeral was over, Tate took me to the park where he died. I sat under the tree that he hung himself on. I just sat and thought about all of the times- good and bad- that I've had with him.
"Violet," Tate, who was sitting next to me, was also crying. I remembered I'm not the only one who lost him.
They were like brothers. Tate actually lived with Nash while his parents were going through some stuff.
"Tate..." I looked into his eyes. They were full of hurt and longing. He wanted his best friend back, I wanted my boyfriend back.
"I miss him." He cried.
"I know, me too." I put my arms around him in a jug, and we cried into each other's shoulders. Tate had been there the entire time for me. I wasn't there for him. He lost his best friend, his best friend who he told everything to. He was broken. Now it was my job to put the pieces back together.
I stood up and held my hands down to him. He slowly looked up at me, and took my hands.
When he was standing, I gave him a big hug, then took his hand and led him towards the car.
Tate had gotten a handicap pass for his car, because it was pretty much the only one I went in.
He was crying too much to drive, so I wiped the tears from my eyes, and sat in the front seat.
"Wait! Your leg. You can't drive." Tate said, unbuckling.
"No. I'm fine. My leg is getting better I think. I'm fine."
Slowly, I put the car in reverse and checked the mirrors. I pulled out of the parking. Spot we were in and drove down the street.
----------------------------------------------------------
SORRY FOR SHORT CHAPTER!!!