Chapter 14

I just left the doctor and my casts were off. I still have a boot on my leg, though. Only because it's not functioning as a regular leg.
I have to use crutches, but at least I can have my arm back.
The whole way home I stared out the window, lost in thought. Every once in a while I would squeeze my hand open and closed, it felt so good to be out of the cast.
"What's wrong honey? Please talk to me!" My mom said, placing he hand on my shoulder.
I shrugged her hand off and replied "no. I'm fine."
When I say "I'm fine" then I'm the total opposite.
"Okay..." She put her hand back on the steering wheel, and drove the rest of the way in silence.

-7 Hours Later (7:00pm)-

"Hey V." Tate said, lifting up the window, and climbing in, off of a tree that just happens to lead up to my room.
"Hey." I was sitting on my bed, just about to draw a few new lines on my arm, so I quickly pulled my sleeve down and slip the knife into my pillow case.
He stepped inside and walked over to my bed. He placed his perfect ass down, then pulled his legs up after him.
He draped his arm over my shoulders. I leaned my head over onto his shoulder.
"How you holding up?" He asked.
"Not good. But I'm hanging in there" I glanced over at him and saw him staring off. "What about you?" I ask.
"Not doing good Vi. My parents are getting a divorce and I have to live with my mom. Dads leaving, and taking Alec with him.
"He says hat we are driving him insane and that he needs to get out of here before he hangs himself. Mom has become even worse. She's been acting so strange lately, like there's a lot of people in the room talking to her, when there's not. Alec doesn't want to go with Pa but he's forcing him. I wish I could be there for him at least. But I can't.
"Spot died. Cher is sick...." He went on talking about his life for a while, and I say there listening.
we weren't dating- I wasn't ready to move on- but we had become really good friends.
That day in the car when he picked me up and broke the news to me, he noticed my scars... And I noticed his.
We found out that we both had anorexia and both had horribly fucked up lives. Some how, in some twisted way, it brought us together. He understands me, and I understand him.
"Wait... You got yours casts off?? How's your leg!?"
"Yah. My leg is still a little shit though. The damn thing refuses to work.
"Soon, they said if the shit doesn't start working soon, then they will have to cut it off and put a prosthetic leg, or just put a brace that will allow me to walk and run."
"Oh.... Well that sucks cock..."
"Yah. Tell me about it."
All of a sudden, I felt like I was punched in the gut.
All the memories of Nash kept flooding back in, and memories of Cam, and Gabby, and Caitie, and Charlie and everyone else. Memories of my dad, before he turned into a beer sucking dick, and after. Memories of my mom, and my siblings, and all of us hanging out by a bonfire, cooking smores, or memories of Nash, when we laid in bed and talked all day. Memories of m-
"Hey, hey, hey, it's okay. Ssshhh. Baby don't cry." Tate wiped my tears off of my face, but just as quickly as he wiped, they came back. "Sshh... Baby talk to me. It's okay." He embraced me in his warm, perfect arms. I hugged him back.
I cried into his arms for a few minutes, and he just sat there, holding me in his safe embrace, and comforting me when no one else could.
"You were going to off yourself? I saw you, right before I came in. You had your knife and you were just about to cry. Vi,-" he puts his hands on my cheeks, holding my face perfectly, as tears- and probably most of my makeup to- ran down my face, "were you going to kill yourself before I came in?"
I started crying even harder "yes. I'm so sorry I just- I just keep having these flashbacks about everything. And it keeps coming back. It's like I keep repeatedly get punched in the gut. And I can't take it any more it's just too much. My life is over. I'm going to die anyway-" I took a shuddering breath of air, realizing I wasn't breathing, "your the only one that'll miss me." I was crying so hard by now, Tate just gave up on trying to wipe the tears away.
"Ssshhh...." He held me close against him and cradled me in the perfect way, I felt so safe in his arms. " it's okay baby girl. I'm here. I love you. I don't want you to leave me." I could feel tears starting to run down his face too. So this time I wiped his tears away.
All of a sudden my phone starts ringing.

Incoming call,
Nash Grier

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for long chapter and late update!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!