Chapter 3

-4 Periods Later...
I walked into the cafeteria, holding my brown paper lunch bag. I sat down in between Nash and Tate.
"Hey." They both said at the same time.
"Hey." I replied smiling at them.
My friend- Tate's girlfriend- Charlie sat down next to Tate and started making out with him.
I cleared my throat and said "Get a room." Tate pulled away and laughed. He put his arm around my shoulder and said "Aww, V don't be jealous." He laughed and Ruffled my hair.
"I am not, asshole." I laugh.
"Yo." Gabby, my other friend, walks over and sits across from me.
"Hey-" I said and then cough my lungs out.
Cam walks up behind me and pats my back. You sure your alright baby girl?" He says.
I just nod my head and cough into my elbow. He rubs my back and then sits next to Gabby.
Cam and Gabby just recently started dating. I was   happy for them. I've known Gabby since fifth grade. She's always had a crush on him and he finally asked her out. He kissed her cheek and started eating his lunch.
I got up and threw my lunch away. I was coughing too much and by the time I stopped I wasn't hungry anymore. I sat back down next to Nash.
He put his arm around me and whispered "Let's do something fun tonight. Just me and you. After we hang out with them."
I look at him. I think Nash just asked me out....
He's always been my best friend. I've never thought of him as anything other then that. Now that I really look at him, knowing that he just asked me out, I think about how he treats my as a princess. He treats me this good and were only best friends... If we were to date I'd be a Goddess....
I look at his beautiful baby blue eyes, his messy brown hair, I look at the black beanie he's wearing. I've never thought about dating my best friend.... And I have no clue why.....
I take the beanie off his head and replace my own purple one with it. I smile at him and lean my head on his shoulder.
"I'll take that as a yes....?" He smirked and leaned his head on top of mine.
"Oh my gosh. I ship it. Hashtag ship it like FedEx!!" Tay yells in his 'white girl' accent as he walks up, hand in hand with Caitie.
Me and Nash both giggle and tell Tay to buzz off.
_____________
We all decided that after school we should go on a road trip. Since Tay was the oldest, and the only one with his license, (he was a senior and so was Caitie- his girlfriend- but they fit in with us better then anyone in there grade.) he would be driving. We would take his moms minivan and shove me, Nash, Cam, Gabby, Tate, Tay, and Caitie in. Tate's girlfriend- Charlie- couldn't come because she had some big ass dance recital to go to tonight and she couldn't miss it. Nash and I had to reschedule our night to Sunday.
_____________
After school, Nash met me at my locker.
"Hey Vi." He leaned up against a locker and smiled at me. I was putting my books into my bag when he pushed his fingers through my hair.
I stopped what I was doing and looked at him, biting my lip.
I've never felt like this before. I feel so jittery and like there is butterflies flying around my stomach.
"Nash...." I say looking down at the floor.
"Yah, sorry. Just thought you felt the same." He said, his posture sank as if someone had just put 100 pounds on his shoulders. He pushed off the lockers and started to walk away.
I started to tear up and I ran after him. I grabbed his arm, turned him around and kissed him.
He kissed me right back and we just stood in the middle of the overly crowed hallway making out. He pulled away and smiled at me. It was a smile I had never seen before.
Both of us were speechless. We've only ever known each other as best friends. All of that now changed. He put his arm around my shoulder and we walked back to my locker. He was 5'6 and I was exactly 5 feet- like I said, I was very short for my age. He rested his chin on my head and put his arms around my waist as I continued to pack my book bag.