Chapter 15

I looked up at Tate.
Tate looked at me.
Then at my phone.
Then at me.
"Answer it."
I drew a snarky breath and then slid the bar on the screen to answer it.
"H-hello?" I said into the phone.
I heard a sigh of relief, followed by "Violet. You have no idea how good it is to hear your voice."
"Nash!" I cried into the phone.
Hearing his familiar voice through the phone made me feel like 100 pounds was just lifted off of my shoulders.
I could help but burst into tears.
"Nash. O-Oh my god. N-Nash. It's really y-you" I could barely say the words, in-between my shuddering gasps of air.
"Yah.." He laughed, I could tell he was crying too. "Yah, Vi. It's actually me."
"I can't believe I'm hearing your vice again. I thought I lost you forever." I cried.
"What's wrong? Vi? Are you okay?" He asked. "How are you?"
"I'm a mess. I'm not okay. Everything. It's just-" I choked on my tears and couldn't even finish my sentence.
"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I never wanted to leave you. That day, I was planning something for you. A trip. But my mom needed me home to help her move furniture so I had to go. But then everything happened, and I had to leave. I'm so sorry." He was crying almost as much as me now.
"Nash. You don't even know-" I couldn't even finish my sentence. I could barely breathe, even with the plugs in my nose.
I looked over, suddenly remembering that Tate was in the room with me.
"Wanna say hi?" I mouthed to him.
"No. I'm gonna go. Tell him I say hi. Lemme know what happens." He whispered.
I nodded my head at him and made a heart with my hands. He did the same.
Then he climbed back out my window and left.
"I want to explain everything. And I want to hear everything. Vi, I want to see you." He said into the phone.
"Yah. Yah. I wanna see you too. Nash please come home. Please. I need you. I'm dying without you. Literally."
"Baby girl. Open your front door."
"What? Nash? Are you here??" I say, excitedly flinging the blankets off of me and grabbing my crutches.
"Hello? Nash?" I took my phone away from my head and saw that he has hung up.
"Violet......" I heard my mom calling from downstairs.
I went as fast as I could, and eventually just dropped the crutches.
I basically jumped down the stairs and ran through the living room- except only I limp-ran though the living room. I ran straight past my mom who was standing at the front window looking outside.
I ran as fast as I could, with only one leg, to the front for and flung it open.
By now, I was crying so much, out of excitement, hurt, betrayal, sadness, and happiness.
Out of everything that I have gone through, none of it could've prepared me for this moment.
I saw Nash walking down my driveway in a beat up old flannel coat, with green sweat peanuts, and a old black t-shirt.
His hair was all dirty and greasy. He was wearing flip flops, and he was crying.
He started running.
I started running.
"Violet..." He breathed as he ran.
"Nash" I laughed.
We ran into each other's arms and he picked me up and spun me around. I buried my head in his shoulders and cried. I wrapped my legs around his waist, and my arms around his neck. I had my head right next to his, and he was holding me with both arms around the back and butt.
I picked my head up and looked into his beautiful baby blue eyes.
"Nash...." I said, into his lips that were now on mine.
He started walking towards my house, still holding me.
"I love you." He whispered into my mouth, and his tongue connected with mine.
------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy. But don't get too attached. ;)