Chapter 6

-5 Hours Later
I woke up screaming. I only remember bits and pieces. I'm surrounded by my family and friends.
"Violet!" I hear Nash's voice and then I feel him next to me, by my side.
I manage and smile and get out the words "what happened? Where am I?!" Then I feel famous. I'm surrounded by like hundreds of people.
Not really though. Only Nash, Tay, Caitie, Gabs, Cam, Mom, and all my siblings. Caleb and Ari are laying on the bed sleeping and everyone else is crowding the bed.
Wait.
This
Isn't
My
Bed.
I started squirming and freaking out. Where the fuck am I!?"
"WHERE AM I!?!?"
"Ssshhh..... Ssshhh.... It's alright baby girl! Your in the hospital!" Cam says holding my hand.
I look at Cam, then faintly start to remember what happened. My eyes dart to Nash and I start crying.
He holds me in a large embrace and sits next to me on the bed.
"Sssshh.... It's alright V." He kisses my forehead and holds me tight.
"He's... he's gonna come back for us!!" I yell and cry harder.
"No, Sssshh, it's okay. He's gone. He's not gonna hurt you ever again! I promise." I'm crying so hard and then I remember my mom. I pull away from Nash suddenly, and scan the crowd for my mom.
I lock in on her and she rushes to my side. "Sssshh it's okay baby. I'm okay. I'm right here!" She holds me and looks at Nash very sympathetically.
"Hey... Why don't we go grab a bite?" Tay suggests and everyone nods then follows him out of the room. Caitie and Gabby both pick up Caleb and Ari and carry them out. All that's left is me, Nash, and my mom.
"Mommy.... I'm so sorry." I was crying so hard. This is he first time I've called her mommy since I was 5.
Her and Nash were sitting on either side of me.
"How bad am I?"
"Baby..." Nash says. He starts crying. Shit. Am I really that bad?!
"What?"
"Baby... You know how you've been coughing so much lately..." He was crying almost as hard as I was now.
"Do I have the flu?!" They didn't say anything. "What!? tell me!!" I yelled.
"You have stage four lung cancer..." He wiped away the tears, but they were just replaced.
I couldn't breath. I... I don't know what to do. How am I supposed to respond to this? This changes everything! I look over at my mom and her makeup is all over her face. She's crying so hard but I can tell she's trying to be strong.
"I'm so sorry." Nash was crying so hard. I stopped crying and I was just staring at Nash's be my mom.
How can something like this happen!? How can I live with this!?
"Is it bad? Wh-what are the chances...." I asked. I started crying again and I buried myself into Nash.
"I-I need a break. I'll be outside." My mom said wiping away the tears almost as fast as they showed back up.
Nash adjusted my bed so I was sitting up and I moved over so he could sit down. He put his arm around my shoulders and cried. And I sat there with my head on ha shoulder crying. He looked at me and said, "never could I ever imagine that some day I'd end up sitting next to the most beautiful girl, on the most beautiful day, in a hospital, telling her she's dying." He said and let out what sounded like a gasp.
"What?!" I looked over at him. He face stained with tears and snot.
"Doc. Says you have 3 years." He sobbed.
"What....?" I felt as if someone had ripped me limb from limb.
"I promise... If you still want me to be around you.... I'll make these the best 3 years of your life. We will get through this." He says. "I love you."
"I love you too. Thank you. So much."
"For what?"
"My fath-" I couldn't even finish my sentence, I burst out in tears.
"Sssshh.... Don't thank me. I love you and I can't believe he would ever think about laying a hand on you, for anything other then love or comfort. I'm here for you no matter what baby. Don't you ever forget that. I'm sorry for not beating the shit outta him sooner. Maybe then you wouldn't be like this..."
"How bad do i look?"
I tried to move but I couldn't feel my left arm or foot. My stomach hurt like fuck too.
I looked down at myself for the first time all day.
Holly shit.
------------------------------------------------------------
Lmao. Sorry for the kinda long chapter. Was trying to explain everything within one chapter. Next update with probably be tomorrow night/Tuesday. :) hope you like. Also sorry for any errors. It's midnight and I didn't check over it!