Chapter 17

"Violet?"
"Violet!"
"VIOLET!!"
"Wake up, it's okay Vi, I'm here, it's okay baby."
I shot up in my bed, with tears and makeup running down my face.
"What happened!? NASH!!" My eyes darted around the room, looking for the love of my life.
"He left me! He left me again!!!" I started flailing my arms around, punching anything I could.
"THAT FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!" I screamed. "NASSHH!!!!"
"Sssh.... It's okay.... Baby. Calm down" I felt strong, safe arms wrap around me. I held onto the boy who was comforting me.
"Vi, it's me. It's Tate, are you okay?" He kissed the top of my head and held me tighter.
I cried into his shoulder. "Tate, you, you were here, and then Nash called, and he was outside, he was there!!! And he carried me up here.... And then.... We hung out up here... And then I went downstairs for water. And he wasn't here when I got back! Oh god. NASH!!!! NASH!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!???" I started struggling to get out of his arms, looking for Nash. Where is he?! He promised he'd never leave again!!!
"Sss- VIOLET!" Tate grabbed the knife out of my hands. I must've picked it up while I was freaking out.
"LOOK AT ME!!" He put his hands on my face and forced me to look at him. "This is the first time I've been to your house all day!! Your mom hasn't seen you. Violet. You we're dreaming! He wasn't here!!"
"Bu-but. He was here. It was so real."
When I finally calmed down, I snuggled into Tate. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" I cried into his shoulder.
"It's okay. I'm here baby." He held me tight in his strong arms and kissed the top of my head.
"Come. Let's sit." I sat down on my bed and patted the spot next to me for Tate. He sat down and put his arm around me.
"How are you? Everything?" I asked him.
"I'm hanging in there baby girl." He said.
He started telling me about things that were happening at his house with his family.
"Enough about me. In tired" he said.
"Me too" I rested my head on his shoulder, and he rested his head on my head.
Slowly, we drifted off to sleep.
__________
I woke to the ringing of my phone.
I picked it up and looked at the caller ID.
Incoming call...
Nash's Mom
I slide the screen to answer it and put it to my ear. "Hello?"
"Violet!?" She sobbed into the phone.
"Yes, hello? What's wrong? Are you okay!?"
"They found him. They found Nash."
"Oh my god!! That's great!! Is he okay!? Where is he!?"
"He-he's dead. They found him hanging in a park a few miles from here. He killed himself Violet."
"What..... No. NO! YOUR WRONG!!! He's not dead!!!!" I started yelling into the phone which caused Tate to wake up.
"What's-"
"HES NOT DEAD!!!!" I had tears streaming down my face.
"N-no. No.  No no no no. That can't be true!!"
"Violet, I'm sorry. Trust me. I'm not happy about it either. I wish it wasn't true. I saw the body Violet. Your not making this easy. I'll send you the funeral information later. I have to go. Bye." She hung up and I threw my phone across the room.
"Violet... What happened!? Who was that!?" I saw tears starting to form in his eyes.
"Nash.... He's... He's...." I couldn't finish my sentence before I burst out into tears. "She said he killed him self. Hung himself in a p-park." I muttered, whipping the tears away from my eyes.
"What....?" Tate looked at me, letting himself break. Tears falling away from his eyes, into his chin, which dropped onto his legs.  "No, that. NO. That can't be true. He wouldn't do that."