Chapter 4

Nash was still wearing my purple beanie and I was still wearing his black one. We walk out of the school, hand in hand. We meet up with the others at Tay's mom's car.
My phone starts ringing and I see its my mom so I answer.
"Hey honey!"
"Hi mom."
"So.... Y'all are going to the mall after school today right?"
"Oh...... Ummm.... Actually..... No."
"What do you mean? Your coming home then?"
"No. Um we were going to go on a road trip....."
"WHAT?!" I hear a muffled make voice in the background and I know it's my father. I let go of Nash's hand. I really didn't want to talk to him right now. Or tell him what we're doing.
Nash looks at me and sees the concern on my face. He looks at me with a questioning look, one that I know means "you okay?" 
I shake my head no and walk away from the group. Nash tries to follow but I push him away.
"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN ROAD TRIP!?!?!?" My dad screams into the phone- I have to hold it away from my ear so it doesn't burst my eardrums.
"Dad, calm down. Lemme-"
"YOU BETTER GET YO ASS HOME RIGHT NOW SO I CAN WHIP IT. YOU'LL BE LUCKY IF I DONT KILL YOU!!!!!"
That's it. I was crying now. I heard my mom yelling at him and I heard him yelling back at her. Then the line went blank.
I heard footsteps behind me so I quickly whipped my eyes and put my phone away. I turned around and saw it was Nash.
He took one look at me, grabbed me by the arm and turned me around.
"Hey guys! We'll be right back! Violet forgot something at her locker!" He yelled back to the others. They gave him slight nods and he put his arm around me and we walk into the school and into a janitors closet. He shuts the door behind him and I burst out in tears.
"Ssshhh. Sssshhh. It's alright baby girl. What happened? You can talk to me." He held me close to him and I cried into his shoulder. I really didn't want to talk so I just cried. And he just comforted me.
"Ssshhh. Baby if you don't wanna talk, that's fine too." He kissed the top of my head and held me closer.
I pulled away a little and wiped my tears. I stopped crying and said "I-I have to g-go home."
"Why? What's wrong baby?" He wiped my cheeks and pushed my hair behind my ears.
"My dad. I think.... I t-think he did s-something to my mom." I started crying again. I knew my dad was abusive and everything, and he scared me, but I really am terrified right now.
"What?! Ssshhhhh.... Tay is taking us all home first any way. I'll go with you. V..... Does he... Does he hurt you guys?"
I looked up at him and he saw the hurt and terror in my eyes.
"Oh my god.... Violet... Why didn't you ever tell me!?"
"I couldn't. He used to abuse us all..." I started coughing. "But-" cough "I took the pain-" cough "so they didn't have to." Cough.
He hugged me so close to him and he started tearing up too.
"I'm so sorry."
I pulled away, stood on my tippy toes and kissed him.
_____________
When we got back outside I had grabbed a textbook so they didn't think we were lying.
"Yo Tay, can you drop me and Violet off at her house?"
"Woah.... Bro.... anything we should know?" He grinned at Nash then looked at me. Everyone was looking back and forth between Nash and I- except Tate.
I looked at Tate and saw something in his eyes.... He almost looked hurt.... But how can that be?! He has a girlfriend! They love each other! Charlie is a great person.... Why would he be hurt that me and Nash are together...-
"No. But we're neighbors. We live 2 houses apart. So what's the problem with dropping is off and not having to make the extra trip?"
Oh yah. I forgot about that.
Tate looked like a weight was lifted off his shoulder. Nash looked at me and saw me staring at Tate, staring at me.
Nash bumped into me and I looked at him. He looked jealous... And hurt.
"So are you too like... Toget-"
I'm not dating Tate. I'm friends with Tate. I don't care if he's hurt he had his chance. I'm not his.
I reached up and kissed Nash.
"Oh...." Tay said.
Tate walked to the passenger seat. "Are we fucking going or not!?"
I pulled away and looked at him "oh Tate, don't be jealous." I smirked at him and only felt the tiniest bit of remorse.
Now he knows how it feels.
Pay backs a bitch.