The Family

I knelt on the rooftop of an old run down building, my body covered in numerous amount of dirt as I  watched the humans walk below me, going about their daily lives. The businessmen were speed-walking tapping on their phones hurriedly, they were the boring, ordinary tasting ones, with very little to yearn for. Then, walking normally, in an attempt to act normal were the slayers, secretly manoeuvring among them, thinking they've got us fooled. They smelled so good, like chocolate covered doughnuts

Us Vampires aren't usually fussy about dinner choices, but I thought I'd treat myself today, some mild entertainment seeming an immortal life had it's boredoms, you couldn't help but find miniscule things to pass the time, being picky about dinner was one of them. 

My head turned abruptly, catching eye of one young, handsome looking man, he had dark hair that weaved to one side, brown eyes that almost dance with hidden excitement, a dark suit a matching black tie and a briefcase, however he didn't scream businessman to me, something was off about this one. He was walking through the town centre as if he owned the world, a smile crept onto my face maliciously. I laughed to myself, as if, he couldn't rule the world if he wanted to, not enough motivation, a thing to have learnt about this generation was that they were lazy. A sweet aroma hit my nostrils, a curious delight, this one was a sugar coated doughnut.

I kept a watchful eye on him until he turned in to an alley. Strange place for a human to go. Wondering quietly to myself about what kind of man this was, I moved silently across the roof, ready to pounce on my prey. It was as if he sensed my growing joy and caught on to it's danger because he walked faster, I even considered whther he could feel my presence, but I had to remind myself. This was a human. I really should stop giving puny creatures credit.

I ended up standing on the edge of the roof, looking down towards the man below me. Smirking, I jumped off the thirty foot building and landed gracefully to the ground behind him, remaining completely silent throughout. I could feel my canines extend hungrily and I followed him, like a stalker would, I had mastered this about four hundred years ago. I called this a technique, of course that was just me, not everyone hunts in this manner. I was fourteen years old when I became what I am. So that's what I'm stuck as for all eternity--or until I'm killed. It's what I've always done, and the habit was extremely hard to break.  

I bared my fangs, my tongue gliding across them slowly and leaped towards him, slamming him into the wall, and he screamed out in pain, my hand clamping onto his mouth to stop his cries, before seconds later digging my fangs into his tender neck, drinking until he was too weak to stand and I let him flop to the floor, draining him at an alarming rate. Even having the nerve to burp loudly,  blood was dripping down my chin and I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand, removing as much trace as I could. Thinking that I should hide the body ,my own human type laziness washed over me and to be quite frank, I could not be bothered, they'll call it an animal attack either way, I've learned that a body never stays hidden forever, they always do find them and somehow pin it on the weirdest of deaths.

That feeding, soothed my hunger, for now.

I headed towards the woods, I could smell the animals from a mile away, the fresh human blood running through my veins allowed my abilities to be at full peak, and as much as it sickened me, I loved every moment of it. It was dark amongst the close tress, not allowing much moonlight in to guide the way, but my eyes adjusted for the darkness and that's what I relied on. So I didn't smash into any trees. Continuing walking until I reached 'home' I walked up to the door, It looked like any other home in the area, just different inhabitants...in the middle of the forest. Opening thedoor, I traipsed in, finding Isabelle walking down the stairs and Jack sprawled on the sofa.

"Hey, your back early" Isabelle noted, her long hair reaching  just below her chest as she ran a hand through it to move it to one side, she was one of the 5 other Vampires that lived with me, and also my sister, she was 16 years old 'humanly' and about the same age as me 'demon' wise.