10

Odell

When I got home from practice today, I checked the mail and got a little note from Xander.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
I know Crystal wouldn't have went to the police, so clearly you told her too, but I got lots of eyes.

Don't think she safe just yet.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I read the last part about a million times before walking inside. I pulled my phone out and did a few things and went upstairs and grabbed some stuff.

"Odell you need to hurry up and get a tree so I can decorate the place." Crystal said looking down at her phone.

"I'm not big on Christmas and you know that."

"All you have to do is buy a damn tree, especially since your having your brothers here."

I totally forgot about that. It would be Sonny's first Christmas so I guess I could do a little something. I was also having them down here by myself. My mom was coming, but she ran off with her new man that I'm not to fond of so she forgot all about meeting Crystal.

"You gotta help me with Sonny." I said scrolling on my laptop.

"I don't know how to take care of a baby."

"All you do is change they diaper and give them a bottle or a pacifier."

She definitely gone learn because she having all of my kids.

"What's that?" She said pointing the the blue sticky note in my hand.

"Nothing. Just somethings I have to do later on." I lied. "Come with me to the stadium really quick, I have to pick up some jerseys to sign."

"But it's cold out there." She whined.

"Wear a jacket then." She sighed got up and ran upstairs. Minutes later she came back down dressed for the snow. I tired not to think about her not being safe, but it wouldn't leave my mind.

I'd put her before football if that's what it ever came down to because I meet her way before I became the Odell that everyone knows.

Around Christmas time, everything in New York slows down and becomes peaceful. Many people leave for home if they not from here and it's just not as crowed.

We got into the SUV, and turned the heaters all the way up.

Crystal

I knew something was on his mind. I just didn't know what that something was. The vibe he gave wasn't the typical one.

I sat back in the chair and watched the snow fall down slowly. The buildings were covered and so were the branches of the leafless tress.
We had been driving for quite some time now and I noticed he pasted the stadium.

"Odell you passed the exit."

"I know." He said still keeping his eyes and both hands on the steering wheel.

"Where we going then?"

"We gone stay in Atlantic City for a few days since it's my bye week."

"What about the clothes?"

"They back there, don't worry about nothing just chill." That's all he said before I zoned out staring straight ahead.