02

Crystal
....

"Yeah where are you?" He asked.

"The Hilton Midtown." I replied trying not to make my voice crack.

"Alright I'm coming." He said before hanging up.

I just sat in the stall pondering life. I thought about how I got here, how I've fallen out of love with my fiancé, but in love with someone else.

After about six minutes of nothing, I checked my makeup on my phone's camera. I've been buying a lot of waterproof mascara and other products lately. I looked at my fingers and put my engagement ring in my clutch. Once I thought I looked decent again I went of the stall and into the sink area to wash my hands.

Nicole walked in slowly examining me.
"Xander wanted me to check on you." She said. She was very snobby.
"And yes, you got the ring, but I have him wrapped around my finger. Xander jumps when I say to. We've actually been seeing each other for a few yea-" I tuned her out.

As she kept talking Odell finally texted me saying he was outside. I brushed passed her and looked toward Xander who was looking down at his watch and back up to the people speaking on the stage.

I rushed into the lobby before he could see me and I spotted him in his car. I got inside the passenger seat and he drove off.

You could tell he just woke up. His voice was still sleepy and he had on sweats and a jacket.

"You okay?" He said grabbing my left hand intertwining out fingers.

"Yes." I said lowly.

"No you not. You wouldn't have called me." He turned the blinker on as we approached a red light.

I just shrugged. I could feel him looking at me and what I was wearing.

"What happened?" He asked in seriousness.

"We went to his promotion ceremony." I said trying to end this conversation.

"And?"

"It just didn't want to be there anymore."

He sighed.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't know why you still with him when he puts you through all of this." He said with one hand on the steering wheel.

I don't know either.

"Because it's not that easy Odell."

He just shrugged his shoulders and turned the radio up.

I leaned my head on the window and closed my eyes.
...

"Baby come on." I heard Odell say as he shook me.

I grabbed my purse and followed Odell inside his home taking my shoes off. He did indeed make more money than Xander, but he's a celebrity.

"You hungry?" He asked turning on the lights to the kitchen.

"No." I said even though I was.
My stomach growled right after and Odell chuckled and pulled out a box of pizza from the refrigerator.

He warmed 3 slices up. Not all for me of course.

I sat on the barstool until my slice was done.

"Stop staring at me." I said still feeling his eyes on me.

"No. I like looking at you." He said walking out of the kitchen. I grabbed my plate and jogged after him to his room.

"You scared?" He asked looking down at me.

"No. I just wanted to follow you." After eating half of my pizza I checked my phone while I used the bathroom.

I had missed calls and texts from Xander. I turned my phone off and slipped it back in my clutch bag. Then I brushed my teeth and washed off my makeup trying to see if anything was noticeably visible.

"Hurry up and come lay down with me." Odell yelled.

The room was already dark. The only light came from the TV. I jumped in the bed next to him and he grabbed me by my waist.

"Where's my kiss at?" He asked while his large hands went down my thighs.
----------------------------------------