6~ I thought You Were My Friend

Jacob sat next to me on the side of the bed. As Darren stood leaning at the far end of the bed. There gazes awkwardly fluttering as they tried to come up with an answer.

"I'm waiting" I said losing my patience.

Jacob spoke, "Okay, I just want you to know I was your friend and still am" he started in a swearing manner.

"Yeah, right. You know I totally feel betrayed by you. Of all people! Working with him? Really!" I shouted angrily and folded my arms in discontent.

"Candice I-"

Darren cut Jacob off and began talking instead, "As you might not have known, Jacob was and is your body guard and protector. Furthermore, we are close friends" he stated like it was a fact I was aware of.

"So your saying this whole time, you were watching my every move?" I questioned looking at them both in shock.

"Yes, because I wanted to make sure you were alright since I could not be with you at all times" Darren replied.

"What do you mean at all times? Where you stalking me sometimes?" I questioned.

I could hear Jacob laugh behind me. "No don't laugh" I ordered Jacob, which he stopped immediate.

"NO, I would never stalk you, I was keeping an eye on you to make sure no danger would come your way" Darren argued.

"Which means stalking! What danger could I possibly be in?" I asked for an answer.

"My enemies who threaten me and therefore, threaten your life too" he replied.

"Yes, Candice. Darren has hired me to protect you, just in case an intruder or enemy was aiming to hurt you because of your link with Darren" Jacob said backing up Darren.

"I thought you were my friend" I pouted sadly at Jacob.

"Oh c'mon Candice, I am still just a little more protectively" he stated.

"But I'M your most closest and dearest friend. Right?" I stared at Darren, challenging Darren's friendship with one of MY best friends.

"Of course you are. You're like a sister to me"

"Heard that Darren? We're so close I'm like his little sister" I bragged. I could see Darren raise a brow in 'oh really' and his smirk appeared understanding my banter.

He was going to say something when we then heard a knock at my door. "Come in" Darren said instead, his eyes still captured my own.

The same maid then came again "Prince Darren, your father wishes to speak with you and your trusted friend Jacob" the maid said.

"Alright" Darren said and the maid left.

Darren stood there holding the door open. "Bye, Candice and please don't throw yourself out the balcony again" Darren warned. "Or I might need to tie you to a chair in my room"

"We wouldn't want that pretty face of yours to get ruined" Darren joked.

"Jacob! Defend me from that evil monster!" I joked pushing him in front of me and between Darren.

"Ha - ha, I mean real danger not your future husband" he joked.

"Hey, watch it" I said rudely slapping his arm.

They both looked at each other and started cracking up. It was an inside joke I would never get.

"Go away to your duties" I reminded annoyed.

Darren went out first. "Hey Jacob" I called.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"I though we were best friends" I said sadly and pouting, but joking.

"We still are" he replied then gave me one of those hugs that you wish you could remember forever when your day was going wrong.

Then he continued on with his day and went out the door, closing it behind him.

I was alone in the room, AGAIN!

After minutes had ticked by, a question formed at the back of my head. 'Why did they call Darren "Prince" just now?'.

That I had to ask.

So with all the time in the world I had, I decided to take a nap, until I would need to wake up.

*****ON THE SIDE IS JACOB!!!*****

------------------------------------------

A/N: Please vote if you like so far and if you want me to continue :) So... VOTE! and DON'T be shy and COMMENT what you think so far! THANKS!!!!!