27~ You Are A Royal Vampire

"CANDICE!!!!!"

That voice was so pitchy it slightly got me annoyed.

"I'm in the bathroom! Jezz a girl can't take a shower?" I hollered back.

"That's no way to talk to your girls who are gonna make you pretty for your wedding!" Lucia shouted back.

"Yeah, Candice! Unless you want me to help you look ugly on your wedding day!" Tina joked.

I laughed as I swung the door open with a white robe against my bare skin.

"Alright, you guys, sorry" I apologized.

***********

So it turned out that my hair was made into loose curls along my back and I currently wearing gold nail polish. My makeup wasn't cakey, and real diamond earrings hung on my ears. Now, all I had to do was put on my wedding dress, heels and veil.

Tina helped me into my wedding dress before I stretched it and what not. I stared at myself in the 6 feet long mirror in front of me

I heard the door being unlocked then closed. I looked back to see a smiling Melody. Her hands covering her cheeks in amazement as she witnessed me in my wedding dress. Lucia was finishing zippering my back zipper.

"Oh my fangs, you look so stunning!" Melody said in almost a whisper as she saw me in the mirror.

"Thanks" I smiled.

She honestly looked like she was about to cry as she placed the veil in my hair. I could she her face in the mirror in front of me. This was as close as any motherly affection I could get on my wedding day, I thought. Lucia and Tina each got my shoe and helped me slip it on my foot.

"I'm so happy for you!" Tina said hugging me as I got off the wooden stool I was standing on.

"I'm sure you and Darren are perfect for eachother" Lucia agreed.

"Thanks you guys!" I said hugging them both.

I heard a knock at the door. "Come in!" I called out.

A women walked in that I had never met before.

"Tina, Lucia, I think we should leave" Melody called the girls as headed through the door.

I stood there confused. Who was this woman?

Everyone left except the woman who look in her thirties with brown rich hair and pale skin, hazel eyes complimented her features. She appeared to look almost... like me.

"Candice" she spoke as she walked over to my side, looking at me from head to toe. "You look like a real angel" she gasped touching the end of my dress.

Okay so how did she know my name? And what gave her the right to touch me?

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked as polite as I could. I instantly felt angry at her. Even though I didn't know her, weird.

"I'm Cordelia Desmarais, your biological mother, Candice" she informed me.

I stood there staring at her for a few seconds or maybe even minutes. My mother? Like my mother from birth? Like THE mother who abandoned me?

"I understand you now know about the mother who grew you up,  who wasn't really your mother. She was your third cousin of your real family" she recapped.

I stared at her. "Why? Why weren't you able to take care of me instead of my third cousin, who was more of a mother than you ever were?" I asked.

She looked a taken back with my harsh words, but it was true. They only motherly thing she did so far was give birth to me. Unless, someone else too gave birth to me... which I assumed was no.

"It's complicated, Candice" she sighed, giving up the advantage to talk to me now.

"I'm sure I can handle the truth" I shot back. "After all look, I'm a vampire" I pointed at myself. "Getting married to my soul mate! Who would have thought vampires and soul mates existed, mother" I sarcastically said "mother".

I wasn't truly going to called her mother until she earned that title.

"Because of family reasons, darling" she responded..

That's it? No elaboration? Now, I was understanding where I got my stubbornness, obviously from her.

"What family? Family I never got to know or see? Or family problems used as an excuse or disguise?" I retorted harshly.

She took a huge breath, as if she needed it; yeah right. I could she her eyes flash hesitation. She probably didn't want to start any problems on my wedding day. But hey, this was the first maybe even the last time to get any answers I needed.

"Look, darling, your father and I are at war with your uncle Harold, because he feels threatened with you being alive. Your a special girl who deserved to be hidden and live a normal life! I guessed if you didn't know us or your family for at least 18 years you might have not been engaged with danger. But it turns out every vampire needs a mate... you needed to be a vampire instead of a human, because then we would lose our heir of the next throne and Darren would lose you" she said.

I stood silent for few seconds taking in this new information. It was dumb that my parents had to fight family just because of me. At this moment.

"Why are you guys fighting over me for? Why is my uncle Harold threatened by me? Have I done something wrong?" I asked.

"No, no, no darling! Harold is just afraid now that you have turned into a full vampire. Because you have enough power and authority to overthrow him and every vampire in our society. Harold now has the throne because he has a son. After your father and I vowed you had died after birth, everyone assumed the next ruler should have an heir" she explained.

"But why would you say I was dead? If everyone knew I was alive you and father would still have the crown" I reasoned confused.

"Because before you were born, Harold threatened your father with your death. If you were alive at birth, he was certain to make sure you were dead. Harold is hungry for power" she informed me.

"He sounds like an a$$hole to me" I muttered under my breath in disgust.

"I can't believe you and father endured this for as long as I lived!" I respond bothered by the family mess. "He's gonna get his share of royalty after I'm married, tonight" I promised.

Mother just gave me a worried look. I'm sure she knew I could go through with my word if I wanted to. After all, I was a royal vampire.

***********

Candice's hair at the side!!

So what do you think?? V.O.T.E!!!

~Rubi ^,.,^