9~ What Did You Do? And Your A What?!

CANDICE'S POV:

By the next morning I had a huge headache forming at the back of my head and probably a so called hangover. My mouth tasted of bitter alcohol and I reeked of sweat. This was the 'HAVE TO TAKE A SHOWER' moment, that I didn't even need to even think about. After a nice shower, I found something to wear and did my usual morning routine of brushing my teeth and hair. Although, what was unusual as I brushed my hair is that I found a light red spot on my neck!

I touched it, which didn't hurt so bad as it looked. I stared at it even closer in the mirror in awe, inspecting it to see what the heck I had. Did I catch something? Maybe it was an airborne disease? It kinda looked like a hickey but, that couldn't be because I didn't recall memories of making out with anyone last night.

I squinted my eyes at the disease looking thing only to find two tiny dots in the middle. Did an animal bite me? I pondered and wondered what really had happened last night?

As soon as I finished brushing my long chocolate, brown locks of hair, Darren came in. As if on cue. And that's when I stopped brushing my hair and came out of the bathroom. My hair was at one side of my face exposing my disease looking excuse of a hickey.

I could see as soon as Darren saw the red spot on my neck, that his face changed from a calm look to a guilty look. Like he had done something bad or wrong. He gave me an advil pill and a glass of water all the while looking down at the ground, and maybe at my toes. I drank the pill down fast.

"Darren?" I questioned. "What's wrong?"

No answer.

I wanted to ask him what happened last night and if he knew anything about that thing on my neck. Because if he didn't know, I definitely wouldn't know.

"Darren, do you know something about my neck problem?" I said showing my, whatever it was.

He slightly tilted his head up in response.

"Can I know what exactly happened to me last night when you brought me here?" I asked wanting know everything about last night.

"What I am about to tell you is serious. I'm not joking. And I didn't mean to do what I did. My instincts got the best of me" he said taking a few steps back, while his hands impulsively went front in a 'stop' gesture.

I was scared of what could be so serious, that he felt the urge to cower before me. But after a few seconds a smile crawled up my face. He was probably trying to play with my head.

"Sure" I said sarcastically.

He took a seat at the feet of my bed. "Candice that's not a hickey if that's what you think. It's an eternal mark" he said.

I stood leaning on the bathroom door frame listening to him in bewilderment.

"Eternal mark? What's that? What did you do to me?" I questioned getting agitated at the name he gave my neck mark.

"It's a vampire thing" he said disappointed in himself, taking in a huge breath in.

"What are you saying?" I questioned, ready to pounce on him at any moment in case he decided to hurt me. I kept my focus on him.

"I'm a vampire" his bluest eyes seemed to peer into my soul as he said this. Every cell in my body had stopped what it was doing and turned ice cold.

"Your a what?!" I practically shouted in panic as a reflex.

In a blink of an eye, Darren was right besides me catching my fall of a panic attack. I tried to push and shove out of Darren's muscular arms, but my arms wouldn't budge. He kept his arms around me tightly.

"Get off me!" I shouted in command, which finally Darren obeyed. I moved a couple of feet away from him so I could have my distance from him. From whatever he really was.

"What the hell does this eternity mark do to me!? How did you put it on me?!" I shouted in anger, since I was involved in another madness.

He slowly spoke this time, probably cautious to the condition of bizarre I was in, or rather he had put me in.

"The mark is only a sign that you are apart of the royal vampires, and that you are the royal vampire's mate" he said looking at at my eyes, sounding truthful. I somehow had a twitch in my body, that didn't believe him as I caught a muscle in his face slightly quiver.

"And how did I get the mark?" I asked again, anger clearly reaching my mood.

"I bit you" he said as his gaze dropped to the ground.

"You did what?!" I said walking towards him in a ball of anger.

"You smelt so good and I had been craving your blood for so long. You impossibly took over my mind. You were the burning desire I couldn't ignore last night" he recited his sin, as if he had said out loud a birthday wish he completed that was forbidden, and no doubt seemed to regret.

"So I smell like a snack bar to you now? You can just bite me when you please? How do I know you won't trying something repulsive like this again?"

I was extremely angry with him. With myself even for not remembering anything and not avoiding whatever lead me to this path. I raised my fist, ready for my knuckles to sting when I connected my fingers with his skin. Instead he grabbed my hands, and melted them into his.

He got down on his knees and begged, "I'm really truly sorry for what I did. Forgive me please. I didn't mean it. I just got carried away. It's not everyday the love of my life appears" he said burying his face in my stomach with his arms around my waist.

The love of his life?

He can't possibly believe it's me.

I can't even look at him right now.

I still felt the tension building inside me, even if he was on his knees and on the floor. But, I could see he was in deep remorse for what he had done to me.

"Darren I really want you out, now" I said irritated. "Can't even look at you, yet. I need a little time and maybe I'll forgive"

He looked up at me from where he was and nodded in understanding. 

"Just remember I did it because I truly believe your my soulmate"

There it was again. Throwing the word soulmate around like it was the love word. This was serious. Maybe he had a delusion problem of some sort?

In a flash he was out the door, with the door shut behind. I needed a moment to breathe and think without vampires.

Vampires were so...
Weird.