17~ Of Age

Candice's POV:

I had fell asleep the whole way that Darren drove us back to the house. I woke up to a different setting though.

I was in a living room but made up of colors of blue and white. I was lying on a sofa that was white with blue soft pillows. I sat up seeing white soft carpet, a white table in the middle of the room, light blue curtains, blue shaded light lamps and a t.v. in front of the room.

If this was apart of the home, I hadn't seen, I was amazed.

"Hey there sleepy head" Darren greeted as he walked in with orange juice.

Handing me a glass with a smile he sat right next to me. I smiled back accepting the glass. Then and there my heart once again, started hurting. Every pulse my heart made pained my whole body. Like every blood cell that pumped through my body was poisonously burning inside me.

I impulsively dropped to the floor, spilling the juice into a puddle over the carpet. My body instantly fell onto the floor. I clutched my heart not knowing how to stop the pain. And curled into a ball. Pain stung all over, at every inch of my body.

"Candice! Candice!" Darren's voice shouted in panic.

He was trying to pull me out of my ball and into his arms. Trying to find a clue of what was wrong with me. Shaking me awake.

But it was too late. I was already seeing five Darrens and his voice was echoing as my vision was fading away.

"Candice!Candic....Cand...C...!"

I was already feeling cold and seeing dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DARREN'S POV:

I held Candice in my arms. Fearing for her life.

"Martha!" I screamed.

She came running to my attention. "Call the family doctor!!" I screamed not waiting for her to bow. But immediately fear raised in her eyes as she saw Candice's state. She nodded in response hurrying to the phone.

What was wrong with Candice? Did someone do something to her while she was at the party?

Suddenly a voice in my head was telling me an option: 'Maybe it's time to turn into a vampire?'. "NO!" I tried to tell myself. I wasn't ready to let her go!

Damn I should have taken more care of her. Look what's happening now!

I fought with myself while the family medical doctor took time to come. Was Candice's pain my fault? Or was it just a normal thing I couldn't help prevent?

It took about three minutes for the doctor to ring at my home. Three minutes was the fastest time any royal was lucky to have a doctor fast at their side.

"Your highness. What can I do for you?" Mr. Mathews bowed in front of me, signaling his respect.

"I need you to take a look at my mate" I said putting her up on the couch, to rest. "It seems somethings not right with her and she might be ill" I reported.

"Alright let me take a look" he said getting things out of his medical bag.

The doctor took out a stethoscope, and checked Candice's heart. Listening to her heart beats clearer. Something I didn't need except my ears. Seconds later the doctor finished his stethoscope section.

"It seems her heart rate and breathing have decreased. She's breathing slowly as if she couldn't breath right" he stated.

"What do you think is wrong with her based on that?!" I asked worried in almost a shout. Not meaning to intentionally be rude.