25~ The Past Haunts Along With Problems

"Candice we have to meet my parents today" Darren said kissing my forehead.

"What? Why!?" I asked.

I mean it was pretty nerve wracking to meet Darren's parent. If Darren was prince that meant his parents were King and Queen, right? So what if I did something stupid? What if they didn't like me? What if I didn't like them?

"Because it only makes sense that I tell them, I'm engaged to you" Darren said.

"But I thought you said I was suppose to get married to you because that's how it's suppose to be. So why tell it if everyone knows what's going to happen?" I asked.

"What's wrong Candice? Are you having doubts about marrying me?" Darren asked concerned.

"NO!" I reassured. "It's just... What if your parents don't like me?" I asked.

Darren laughed. "If I'm correct, my parents have seen you once when you were a toddler".

My eyes went a little wide. "What?"

Darren nodded. "Oh yes, love" he smiled.

"And what did they say!" I asked.

"That you were the cutest bride they could ever see for their son" Darren said in my ear.

I giggled. "They did not!" I argued.

"Oh yes they did" Darren said kissing my lips.

***********

"Darren" I complained. "What if they changed their minds and don't like how I've grown up to be? What if they want you to marry someone else!"

That thought had shattered my heart in a million pieces. That would be like the end of my life. Who would I have and be with, if Darren wasn't in my life any longer. Could I bare to see another girl with my Darren? How mad would I get?

"Candice, if I love you, I'm sure my parents will too. And as far as arrange marriages, the only one that stands till this day, is OUR marriage" Darren reassured.

"Sometimes you say the sweetest things" I smiled holding to Darren's arm as we made our way into the biggest palace ever.

*************

The door was opened by a girl in a black and white maid outfit.

"Welcome Prince Darren" the maid said.

"And lady Candice" she bowed, motioning us to continue inside.

Everything was either in the colors of white, gold and red. The walls and carpet were white, the painting and chandeliers had gold frames and outlining, the drapes on the windows and cushions on the chairs were red. It looked like a nice place to call home.

"Darren Darling! Why didn't you tell me you were coming?!" A woman had practically attacked Darren with a hug as soon as we came in.

I couldn't help but smile. She had blue eyes like Darren and black hair. white as any vampire.

"Mother" Darren formally addressed her, fixing his collared shirt with an amused smile. "I'm sorry for not telling you before time" "This is Candice. You remember her when she was little, right?" Darren said putting his hands on my arms.

Darren's mother had looked at me up and down. Making me nervous.

"Oh, yes. She looks all grown up now! Looking even prettier!" she nodded her head.

"Melody" she extended her hand to me.

"Nice to meet you Melody, err... Darren's mom" I shook her hand with a nervous smile. She was pretty and nice.