8~ First Time I'm Wasted

Candice POV:

Darren gently pulled my arms to face him, sending shivers and tingles where he touched. Darren leaned in closer to my face and planted a soft kiss. I could feel something control my body, as I leaned in even closer and made the first kiss last a little longer. Then I pulled away from him.

I stared into the river, feeling my cheeks turn red. Silently, thanking the stars that it was currently dark outside. I was a little mad at myself. How could I possibly be with someone I didn't know anything about? Additionally, on my mind was the question about why I hadn't stop the kiss immediately?

On the other side of things, I (more than I could admit) liked the kiss. I think it proved that he (at the very least) liked me. Or was he playing around with my feelings? You know, the usual playboy routine.

I was going to asked him, 'Do you really believe in all that rubbish, you know... of love?' but instead he beat me to who spoke next and decided, "Let's go inside".

I followed him inside without a word and passed by people who were making out or about to pass out wasted on tables and other people who were talking and laughing loudly.

We were at our table again. I didn't feel like just sitting and watching everyone. No, I didn't want to be a party pooper, today. There was a reason we came here. TO CELEBRATE!

I suddenly had a rush of energy and a crazy thought appeared, 'Why not get wasted and see how crazy and alive I could feel at a party?' I grinned at myself. I was counting that Darren would be my babysitter and have my back if I did something stupid to risk my life. Right? I wasn't here to find love. I was here to have fun!

I walked to the bar, passing Darren who was sitting at the table and eyed me as I kept walking away. I ordered a beer, which tasted disgusting, resulting in a gag reflex and lingering nauseous feeling. But, I drank it and finished it to the very last drop. Then ordered a shot of liquor of some sort that tasted bitter and strong.

Today was the first time ever that I had officially tasted alcohol, which probably meant I was probably going to be a wreak by morning pretty fast.

"Babe, what are you doing here trying to get drunk?" I heard Darren ask behind me.

"Oh hey baby, there you are. I've been trying to find you" I slurred, impulsively.

I think I was wasted now, because those words would never come out of my mouth. It sounded like I was desperate for him, which I can assure you I was not at all.

"Mmm, sweety, I think you're drunk, let's get you home" Darren said grabbing my arm and tugging me towards the door with a lit up sign above that spelled 'EXIT'.

I pulled my arm in retaliation, "No!" I stammered. "I want to stay and party!", I said throwing my hands in the air.

I ran to a small circular stage with people dancing on it and a camera recording onto a larger screen was in use, so the larger crowd could entertainingly see me.

I could see Darren in the back, give a small huff and after plaster a smile. I smiled back and moved my hips to the beat. Then Darren took a seat back into the table. I could see Viviana walk up to the table alone and sit next to Darren, with a smile. I could see Darren immediately had a nervous smile on. I didn't care. He wasn't my guy. I bet Darren could take care of himself.

I could see people throwing themselves into the crowd and being carried to the other side of the club. I was the last person on the stage left. It looked like fun so why not try it? I threw myself into the crowd and could feel hands on my back and legs. It felt as if I was floating in the air, it was super cool, I'll admit.

When it came to the last person, his phone rang and abruptly opened his cell phone and began walking away. I panickingly closed my eyes, embracing myself for the fall. But, luckily I was caught. I opened my eyes as my breath hitched at the back of my throat, it was Darren with a goofy smile. The weird thing was he was suddenly wearing different clothes.

"Darren thanks for catching me. You're forever my prince charming" I patted his back with a wide grin as he pulled me back to my feet. I bowed, pulling upward slightly on the bottom of my dress, in exaggeration.

His smile dropped with a confusing expression on his face, "Darren?" he questioned.

"Yes, Darren. Isn't that your name?" I said stretching out 'Darren'.

"You have me confused. My name is Damien" he answered smoothly and professionally.

"Alright, Damien. Nice to meet you, good day" I chuckled at the reference of the old times, and made my way back to the table with a wave.

When I got to the table, I couldn't believe my eyes. Viviana was such a b*tch. She was trying to seduce Darren with her boyfriend standing feet away! Pretty sure that counted as cheating. I was going to disappear but I kinda felt a pang of jealousy. And Darren's expression of total discomfort only made me hesitate more. Why wasn't he doing anything about it? He could've easily pushed her away or something.

"Candice", Darren said with relief.

I saw Viviana's eyes peel off him and give me an evil glare.

"Viviana" I said sarcastically sweetly. "Don't you have anything better to do than to make yourself look like a desperate whore? By the way, where is your 'boyfriend'?" I said putting air quotes around the word 'boyfriend'.

"Candice, go make yourself useful for other people, who actually want to hear you" she said rolling her eyes.

"Viviana, stop being a b*tch" I retorted angry.

"Are you sure you aren't what you accuse me of?" she questioned me with a fake smile.

I guess my patience was reached. I grabbed her by her hair and pulled her hair towards the ground, making her fall out of the chairs and on the floor. But suddenly in a blink of an eye she was up on her feet and pining me on the ground, with her on top of me. She then growled at me and exposed... fangs?!

I slapped her and pulled her hair to my right. She then slapped me and stared banging my head on the ground. But was then peeled off me by Robert, her so called boyfriend.

He had her in his grip unable to move, with her hands pulled behind her back and fangs bared. I ran to her and slapped her face again. But, then Darren had me in his grip too, and I could see Viviana get angrier by the slap I gave her, as she shooked violently and kicked her heels in the air. She still couldn't get out of Robert's grip.

I stuck out my tongue out to make things worser for her. Viviana turned angrier yelling. I had now noticed a crowd formed around us, witnessing our commotion and cameras being flashed.

"Take me out of here!" I hissed my demand to Darren.

"It's for the best" Darren agreed, dragging me out the exit door with him. "Take her home Robert!" He called behind.

We took the limo back to his house. Darren took me upstairs in his arms but by the time I hit the pillows, I was extremely sleepy.