CHAPTER TWENTY- EIGHT√

One month later

They gathered around the fire Friday night. It was silent, the sound of crackling flames being the only thing heard. It played their song of sorrow but also of new beginnings.

Theodore held Winston's hand in his on his lap, he traced patterns on the skin between his thumb and pointer finger and then began to hum softly, his other hand on his slowly growing baby bump. He glanced towards Donovan who looked pale under the fire's glow, his eyes were red and puffy, he spent most of his time crying out for his mate the passed one month ago and Theodore's heart went out to him. He held his youngest, Xavier in his arms, staring down at him with a small but genuine smile. That was the only time he smiled, when he held the products of his and Elijah's love.

Theodore turned to his mate who stared at the crackling fire with furrowed brows. Since losing their other Alpha, the duty of an Alpha has fallen to him as Donovan has been incapable of making any decisions or doing anything but visiting the field in which Elijah took his last stand. It was hectic, the piled up paperwork, the meetings which suddenly sprang up on them now. Even with that, Theodore was grateful when helping his mate, it provided a great distraction, one their true Alpha didn't seem to care for.

Theodore looked down at his pendant, Elijah smiling at him. Winston had one identical to his but the quintuplet, quints they have began to call them,each have a unique design as well as Donovan, Christian and Claude. Theodore turned to them, Christian siting by the woman who had taken care of him before Elijah arrived to the pack, he had since been ignoring his entire family, even the quints. Claude sat by his father, leaning over to peak at Xavier. The others were held by different pack woman, sleeping soundly.

"This is very disappointing. "Theodore began and everyone turned to him. He sighed."One month, one month and still we mop around. Elijah wouldn't want this, at all and you all know that. "Everyone glanced at Donovan who ignored them and just played with Xavier's fingers." Just because he isn't physically here with us, doesn't mean he is gone. "He whispered, his throat tightening." He is still here, in our hearts, his spirit lurks among us, everywhere. "A small girl of about 9 stood and walked over to him. She threw her arms around his neck and sighed.

She pulled away and smiled at him.

"Tell us a story." She whispered lowly but everyone heard her. Theodore looked to Winston who had been looking at the little girl but then turned to him with a small smile.

"Yeah, that should lift some spirits. "Arson said sitting by himself on the floor, his legs brought up to his chest as he glanced at the forest before sighing and turning back to him. Theodore tilted his head to the side.

"I don't really know that many stories." He admitted sheepishly.

"Make one up. "It was Ace, he sat close to Claude who was hell bent on ignoring his presence,his brother Aiden also close by. Theodore bit his lip.

"Ok," he sat up straighter and thought for a second.

"The kingdom had fallen. "He began in suspense and everyone  inched closer, going completely silent so the could hear." The king was gone and with him, the protection of all his people. It was said, a long long time ago that one day everything would go down and that a saviour would be born among one of the strongest most feared pack known to the supernatural world. "Everyone seemed to hold their breath." King... Uh... Louis, "Everyone smiled as he thought of the name." Yeah, King Louis was a great man, strong, fearless and a worthy ruler but, Jealousy and envy lead to his death and an heir had yet to be born so, the werewolf kingdom is left vulnerable and weak without their Supreme Alpha. Nobody knows when or where the next Supreme Alpha will be born, and to this day, they search. "Theodore whispered not even knowing where it came from and then a baby let out a loud cry and they turned to Ceasar,Donovan's little brother,who was held by a woman named Chloe with blonde hair and bright hazel eyes.