CHAPTER FOUR√

Winston

Winston flared his nostrils, a growl erupted from deep within him at the sudden intruder. He turned and walked forth only to be paralysed on the spot because of the beauty in front of him. He stared at the long strawberry blonde hair in the mans hand, traveling up his slim scarred arms to his exhausted looking face. Beautiful, he thought without doubt. Then the scent hit him at the sudden gust of wind which passed by him. Strawberry and citrus with a hint of pineapple. He moved closer, his eyes widening as the man began to glow and fell to his knees. Winston stared wide eyed and mouth gapping, Matt stood beside him with furrowed brows. Then a light of white blew them away, throwing them into the tree trunks.

They groaned as they stood. Winston acted fast, on his feet he approached the man feeling panicked, he glanced at Matt who was gasping and coughing out blood looking like he was choking. Then in a flash of silver, Elijah was by his side with a frown, a hand on his swelling belly.

"We need to get him out of here, they'll be here soon. "Winston stared confused.

"What? Who is coming, Alpha?" He asked while complying with his request to get the stranger out of there. He approached the seemingly unconscious man and tried to touch him but drew back with a wince as a  burning sensation covered his hand. He glanced up at Elijah who had already been looking at him with furrowed brows.

"You'll see, "Winston nodded unwillingly and watched as his Alpha raised his hands in front of him and pointed it to the stranger. He backed away as a silver glow wrapped around him. Then he was contained in a glowing sphere and it levitated up to their chests, Matt started to breath properly. Winston moved to his side, allowing his Alpha to do the rest as he didn't seem to need any help.

"Are you alright, Matt? "The man coughed and nodded his head.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Healing already." He tried for a smile as Winston picked him up and he winced. He noticed the awkward twist of his ankle and helped him stay up, throwing his arm over his shoulder. "Thanks," Winston only nodded and looked to his Alpha who was already gone. He felt a sudden emptiness but he helped his friend back to the pack house.

"Who do you think that was? "

"I don't know," Winston replied in a bored tone, his face devoid of emotion, but on guard. He could only wonder who the strange man had been running from.

"He's a Caster, too, isn't he? "Winston nodded, he had already come to that conclusion, nobody had ever done something so unexplainable, not like that. The only explanation would be magic,something they only ever saw from their his Alpha, Elijah.

"Yep," he popped his 'p'. Soon they reached the pack house. He took him inside where there was already a gathering of people. His other Alpha, Donovan came to him.

"What happened? "He demanded rather than asked.

"On patrol we were just about to head back when I felt the entry of someone new, I turned and just about saw the guy glow as he fell to his knees." Winston began to recall the events, "just as we'd got closer, ready to take him in, he passed out and let out a white light which blew us away. I don't know why, but Matt began to choke while I stood, ready to get to the man and try to stop whatever he was doing. Alpha Elijah came just in time and began encasing him in a silver glowing casket, that's when Matt stopped choking. Alpha Elijah took him away while I helped Matt who twisted his ankle. That's what happened, Alpha."Donovan nodded and turned to Matt curiously.

"Why were you choking? "

"I don't know, Sir. All I know is that after his weird explosion, the air felt thicker and I couldn't breathe, everything was fuzzy and I could feel myself begin to whither and, the weird part is... I felt like my wolf was disappearing, like... I couldn't feel him. " Matt explained slowly, his brows furrowing in confusion and he rubbed his chest continuously, his eyes held a sadness that was unlike anything else. Winston turned to him in bewilderment.