CHAPTER TEN√

Winston

Winston was grinning from ear to ear, the members of the pack giving him amused looks with a mixture of curiosity and worry. Other than their fascination to him, there was a buzz of excitement among the pack, Friday, a day they all looked forward to. Well, most specifically Friday night. A type of tradition that had developed only a month ago. Children ran around with glee, their parents trying to get their attention. He chuckled, someday he would be one of them.

"Someone's happy. "Winston paused at the first step of the pack house. His Alpha was smirking at him from his comfortable seat in the corner, Christian with his ear on his swollen stomach.

"Well, it is a beautiful day." Winston bit his lip, there was no use in hiding his joyful aura, and it was obvious who had caused it, and his Alpha could probably already be looking into his mind, seeing exactly what went on last night.

"It rather is. "Winston got himself a wink from Elijah as he looked at something behind him. He turned to see Theodore playing with the younger pack kids, the sight melted Winston's heart.

"Daddy, why is the one so faint?" Winston turned in worry as he saw Elijah smile softly at his adopted son. He stepped closer to them.

"That is because it's almost time, hon, almost." Elijah looked up at Winston who stared questioningly at him.

"Really? But it's only be like, four months?" He said and then a sense of calm washed over him.

"Do not worry, Winston, focus on getting your mate, they will be fine. "Winston frowned.

"You are my Alpha, and I wouldn't even have a chance to get him without you, I have to worry." His Alpha rolled his eyes at him.

"I already have a possessive Alpha mate on my hide, I'd rather not have our Beta on it too." Winston flushed as his Alpha smirked at him, his eyes sparkling with mischief. He shook his head with a huff and walked to the open double doors of the pack house.

"Donovan better not have heard that." Then there was growling, Winston jumped to the side as two wolves snapped and snarled at one another, tumbling out of the house.

"Great, just bloody great! "His Alpha grumbled, standing with some difficulty. Winston walked down the stairs as the wolves began circling each other. They lunged at one another a clash of fur and teeth and he shook his head, noticing their scent. Jared and Andrew.

Winston leaned against the railing as Elijah raised his hands up in a prayer motion and then separated them, Jared and Andrew flying away from each other, landing roughly on the ground.

"Shift. "His command was so strong that even those who were in wolf form and had been minding their own business began to shift and everyone including Winston whimpered and the children as well. Winston felt sorry for the young pups, they just had to be fighting infront of Elijah and the fact that he is pregnant, does not mean he has gone soft.

"Explain. "Winston felt sympathy as they two pups whimpered and shook.

"Jared stole my mate, Alpha, I was only fighting for what's mine." Winston raised a brow amd noticed how Elijah's aura changed, he was also amused being that Andrew was only thirteen, he couldn't possibly know his mate yet and Jared was already sixteen so he still had two years to go.

"Is that so? "Elijah said and Theodore walked over to Winston and gabbed his wrist, looking up at him with a blush. Winston smiled down at him and stared at the hand gripping his wrist but barely unable to wrap around it completely.

"He isn't going to punish them to badly, right?" Winston tilted his head to them and shook his head.

"He's amused, he wouldn't really give them anything worse than kitchen duty. Donovan would put them on patrol, though. "Theodore nodded and didn't make move to leave his side but he wasn't complaining. If anything, his heart skipped a beat and he felt his wolf paw at the back of his mind lightly.