CHAPTER ELEVEN√

Theodore

Four days and no answers. Theodore could feel the tense atmosphere between Donovan, Winston and Elijah and he knew the pack felt it too. He wasn't stupid, he saw right through that play. He knew that the stories did more to pass down wisdom, although everything looked nice, it was made so they would learn. He knew that last performance right before they left held more meaning than anything. He might not have been with them his entire life but the look in Elijah's eye had him curious.

Theodore knocked softly on the door of the Alpha's office where he was certain Elijah was.

"Come in. "He entered the thick tense air but stayed at the threshold. The two Alpha's turned to him, both glaring.

"Uh..." he felt nervous suddenly. "I..uh...wanted to talk to Elijah?" He asked instead of stating.

"We are bu-"

"Let's go, Theo. "Theodore watched as Donovan's face fell before it darkened.

"I said we are busy." He said forcefully.

"I said we are done. "Elijah stared at Theo, urging him to move and make room for him.

"Elijah, you can't just keep running."

"Watch me. "He said softly and Theodore gasped as Elijah grabbed onto his wrist, they disappeared in a flurry of smoke.

"Well, that was dramatic." Theodore whispered blinking at Elijah who let go off his wrist as though he had been burnt. Theodore took a moment to look around the surrounding. They were in the middle of a meadow, it was bright and beautiful. He smiled at the flowers who whispered his name over and over, telling him of their needs, their dreams, telling him they love him.

"I just needed to get out of there. "

"You know, frightening him like that, it isn't healthy." No answer came and he purse his lips together, turning to face Elijah who was kneeling in front of a very small puddle of water. Theodore approached him slowly, cautiously.

"Are you OK? "He asked the heavily pregnant man.

"What can one consider OK these days?" He whispered as Theodore kneeled beside him. Elijah placed a hand on his stomach, suddenly looking pale and exhausted. Theodore looked down wanting nothing more than to touch the swollen bump full of life. He smiled.

"May I? "He received a nod and he reached out. He laughed meekly, one day it would be him.

"One day soon." Theodore looked up at the older man much wiser and stronger than him. "You wanted to ask me about that night, because he asked you." Their eyes clashed, grey and blue with a hint of silver. "You will know soon." That alone had Theodore bit his lip, if his suspicion was true, how soon is soon?

"This is where I gave her the necklace. "Elijah whispered, Theodore stayed silent and listened."I made it to protect her, assure her. So that I could watch over her."

"Who? "Instead of answering Elijah touched the back of Theodore's hand. Theodore closed his eyes and the image of a girl with blonde hair, it was more as though he was seeing a black and white movie. She smiled at Elijah as Elijah produced a necklace. Theodore blinked his eyes open. "Carrin?" Elijah nodded.

"She doesn't know it yet but...her next child...will do great things, just like her baby brother." Theodore tilted his head to the side in confusion." I know you don't like to do it, that's why you don't know yet, but sometimes your going to have to do it especially after... "Elijah didn't complete the line, instead looked down at the puddle seeming to see something. I was completely lost.