CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN√

Dear Donovan

Cliché, isn't it? Rather stupid but I felt it was necessary. It's raining as I write this and trust me, I'm not the one causing it, Danielle is, she'll do that when she's most happiest and until she learns to control it. Anyway, let me get to the point.

Have you caught yourself wondering about me? The real me? Well, I know we never spoke about my past just that it was horrible but, I'm an Elder. I was, well am one of the very first Caster to have ever lived.

In my long 10 000 years of life, I have never known love, and I needed to fix this or else I was going to destroy the world. A mistake that haunts me even to this day is the reason for not having known any real love. There is more to the story but, I'll leave KT at that, that's all you need to know.

You're not too shocked, I hope. You must have guessed. I hope you did.

The reason I died, it is not because I didn't love you or any of them, but it was because I love you more than I would have imagined. I couldn't stay, not willingly,not for much longer, the power that resides inside of me, it is just too much, it is too much for the world to bare, for my earth body to comprehend and for that I am so very sorry.

I want you to know that I am with you, always.
When you cry for me, I will hear you, I will feel you. I am always there, even when you can't see me.

Those necklaces, I rewarded to each of you and do not take it lightly, one touch at your most strongest of emotions can conjure up my appearance, it will last for as long as you're still feeling that powerful emotion, sadness, hope, love, anger, all of that and more. You won't be able to touch me, but I will be able to talk to you. I am not allowed to do that, but I did anyway. I don't think I'm serving the consequence of my power well by giving them to you all,but I've never been much for rules.

This is going to be a very long letter.

I remember you once asked me, how your wolf's human was before, 10 000 years ago and I brushed it off and just said, 'Could have been better.' Now, I want you to know, it wasn't because I didn't want to tell you, I was afraid you would think differently of me as he did. He was cruel, yes, but everyday I have spent questioning myself for his actions. I blame myself, my own being is what made him the way he was.

I didn't tell you of my status because, well, I feared you would be like him, now, I know I was wrong, because you are nothing like Thadius, that was what they called him. He knew what I was and he thought I could make him strong, powerful even more than the God's, I told him no. Does that mean I never loved him? Some might believe so.

I do not want to dwell on past mistake, I want to focus on now, you, us.

Cherish me, Donovan, but do not obsess. Love me, but please do not make it an excuse to go rogue. I can only hope you haven't and are actually reading this. I know you cry for me, that only means you truly love me as I do you. I cry to, in my place among the council.

I want you to remember me as the man you love, not the man who left you willingly. I want for you to love and live life with the memory of me, but do not stop yourself from loving another. In other words, move on, it would be best. Love our children enough for the both of us. They will stray without your guidance.

I love you.

Donovan sniffed as he held the three sheets of paper, he couldn't, he simply couldn't continue with the letter, he didn't want to hear anymore of it, but then Christian walked in with a smile, his hands cupped together. Donovan looked at the silver chain dangling from his son's neck with Elijah's smiling face on it and looked down at his own chest were his own dangled with a slightly different design, where Elijah's face is, it was encased in a heart shaped holder and had one identical with his own like a locked. He reached up and closed it softly.

"Papa! Look what I've got! "He grinned and ran over to him and Donovan smiled, wiping away his tears to look into the hands of his son.

"What is it, son?" Christian opened this small hands to reveal a beautiful butterfly with silver wings and black patterns wrapping around it. Donovan gazed at it with admiration. "Where did you get that?" He asked lowly and Christian grinned up at him.

"Xavier gave it to me. "Donovan furrowed his brows and glanced at the letter in his hands." Where is Daddy? I want to show him. "Donovan frowned and then slowly the tears began to fall. How would he tell them, the unfortunate disaster which has befallen him? He himself could barely believe he wasn't dreaming.

******

******

Theodore felt it, like a sharp knife slicing through his gut and he stared on, barely able to breath. He knew what it meant and his heart literally broke.

"Couldn't you have just stayed? One more day? "

I'm sorry...

"What are we going to tell the children? Elijah, why would you so this? "

You will know why,soon enough. I cannot undo what has been done. It would have happened more tragically otherwise.

"Just because you say that, doesn't mean I like it." Theodore looked down at the silver chain on his neck which had appeared a few moments ago. Elijah's smiling face stared up ahead, lightly he touched it and the face moved, blinking and looking up at him with a small smile.

I'm always here. It seemed to whisper and like a switch it all came back to him. Theodore gasped,his head snapped back and he fell to his knees as image after image came to him in a rush. It was like a movie,but faster. Pain took over his brain. A pounding headache made itself known, vicious and blood seeped from his nose. He sat back onto his side,balancing on his hand. Feeling light headed he shook his head.

Then as the situation dawned on him tears fell down his face, the trees sighed and the flowers cried out for him. He gasped, holding his throat as the tightening seemed to increase. Be strong, Theodore, if not for me, then for them. Theodore sniffled knowing that he was referring to his children and he cried worse as he thought of them growing up with only one parent. It didn't seem fair to him, it wasn't fair to them but he had to make due, he knew that much.

"Fine, but don't think I like this. "There came no reply as he turned around. He touched his head then and allowed it to travel the length to his shoulder. He frowned before he closed his eyes, the air hummed around him as his white hair glowed before lengthening to the length it was before it was cut.

He shook his head and whipped his hand over his nose getting rid of the blood and ran for the pack house. He ran as fast as he could, his waist length hair fluttering behind him. He came to a stop at the sight which greeted him. The entire pack was gathered with panicked faces.

"You let him go! "It was Christian who yelled, no, who screamed out loud at the very top of his lunges and Theodore looked to see him emerging from the trees, furiously wiping at his cheeks. His eyes blazed with anger and sadness. Theodore felt his heart reach out for the three year old.

"I... I can't... "He cried falling to his knees and a baby wailed. Theodore walked towards Christian and wrapped his arms around him as Donovan emerged with tears. He didn't hesitate to fall beside them and wrap his arms around Christian who didn't fight him, only cried harder and Claude ran towards them.

"Why are you crying, Christian? "he kneeled before them and Theodore frowned and sniffed.

"Daddy, why did you leave me?" he cried. Donovan howled and the entire pack joined in with his sorrowful song. They cried for their fallen Alpha who they would forever love. They cried for the man they considered a friend, a brother, their leader who will forever live on in their hearts and most importantly, they reached out to the Alpha they still had, offering their strengths, their hands and their shoulders. They begged him to stay strong, to hang in there and lead them as only he can. I fee began to shift then and mournful howls were released into the air,travelling across the pack territory and maybe even beyond.

They asked that he stayed sane, even if only for his children, which among them would one day lead their children.