CHAPTER THIRTEEN√

Winston

Winston was blown away, no pain could compare to the one he felt the moment he laid eyes on the arrow piercing his Alpha's chest, well, except for Donovan who ran to his mate just as he fell to his knees, choking on his own blood. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion, screams erupted around the front yard and people started coming out of the pack house just to see. Their pained yells calling out to their beloved Alpha and Winston couldn't fathom it enough until the pack doctor came running out her daughter right behind her and  only then did he see Theodore rushing towards him and he followed.

"Elijah! Why!? "Donovan broke into a sob for the first time since they were children, it broke the packs heart and Winston felt his being ripped from his chest.

"I can help him, just move." Theodore said softly, touching his hand softly, Winston was wide eyed, too shocked to even utter a word as his mate took charge of the situation looking pale and tightened and even unsure.

Everyone gathered around Elijah's limp but still breathing body but still gave him the space he needed. He started by snapping the sharp edge and then he placed his hand around the wound. Winston watched with fascination, the doctor watched with resentful admiration. His palm glowed a soft baby blue around Elijah's wound and he began to slowly pull out the arrow, blood gushed only for a second before Theodore pressed both his palms on the wound, stopping the blood and then the wound began to close, slowly as Theodore sat back, breathing deeply, everyone was amazed.

Winston looked at the arrow, glowing green with swirls twisting around the end and a note attatched. He looked up and nobody saw him as he pocketed the piece of black paper.

"Thank you, "Donovan's rough baritone was low as he squeezed Winston's mate by the shoulder.

"He would have done the same for me. Now, we need to get him inside. Your children are ready to see the world, Alpha. " They stood, Donovan gently taking his other half into his arms, Theodore gave him a small smile. The children were crying, devastated.

"Secure the perimeter. Find who ever did this, go talk to the patrol, I want him or her dead. Now! "Donovan ordered, growling at the head warrior and his team.

"Of cource, Alpha." They said with a bow before running off towards the edge of the forest before breaking off into groups of three in the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western direction, Winston went with those heading for the Northern direction. He sniffed at the air but caught no new scent. They shifted, running at top speed, Winston in the lead.

Their paws dug into the ground as they came to a harsh stop. They growled lowly and crawled forward towards the patrol only to stop abruptly. Dead bodies of the patrol guard greeted them, both of their pack members, their family, lay dead in a pool of their own blood. They shifted, Winston gripped the piece of paper in his hand.

He walked over to the two bodies and knelt down and sniffed but there was no other scent than theirs. At this moment he wished Arson was there to give a slight clue as to who could have done this. He was the one who could just tell from the situation what species it was or how it would be possible.

"I don't smell anyone else. "One of the warriors said.

"That's because it is cloaked." Winston turned to see Arson,just the guy he wanted to see. They embraced at once despite Winston's nudity.

"Care to share your theory? "

"The thing is, there is no theory, their scents are cloaked. They shot from the trees, it was a clean shot, it wasn't even made at a far distance. Whoever it was is very skilled in using the bow." Arson knelt down. "Oh, god." he whispered as he turned to look at the young boys neck, Johnson, only 20 years old, it was all so sad. Winston frowned and knelt down beside him.

"What is it? "He asked.

"See here, and here?" He motions for the unique carving made into the hollow of their necks, a capital D with a curved line beneath it and an L coming inaide and out the D which had all been done rather neatly, whoever had done this was extremely skilled and certainly they have done this before. "That's the symbol in Sebastian's family," he whispered to himself, mentioning his hunter mate.

"Wait, are you saying that someone in his family did this? "Arson didn't say anything, instead he just stared for a moment." Arson." He blinked.

"Yes, it's a way they mark their kill. His family is one of the biggest and most feared because of the demon blood running through their veins. Only one of them could have done this." Winston unfolded the note and read it slowly.

There was a time, I took you and I made you mine. You can run but never shall you hide. I'm coming for you my little Theo and I think it would be best if you surrendered yourself to me willingly, and spear the lives you've come to love.

I have friends, dear boy and they will kill every last one of them, starting with the one you call mate.

-JK

Winston stood up tall.

"We have to tell Donovan. "

"I have to find Sebastian," Arson sighed and rubbed his head. "He might be able to tell us who exactly." He looked down at the note. "What is that?" He pointed to the paper. Winston gave it to him to see for himself. "The Alpha Theodore ran from? He managed to get a DraLuca? I can't imagine what he had to give up to do it." Winston didn't ask about the whole giving something up, instead he took the note from Arson.

"I have to alert the Alpha. "He nodded and shifted, running fast to the pack house. There was an air of sadness around the large mansion but he shifted and grabbed the shorts hidden in a log, putting them on he ran for the stairs and into the house. He walked down the corridor, it was packed. The members were all restless, their Alpha was hurt and they couldn't do anything but wait, they couldn't even kill the person who dared even pull the stunt. Christian and Claude were crying, sobbing into Toby's neck when Winston entered the pack clinic. He paused and looked at him.

"When did you get here? "Last time he checked he was as school.

"I had already been on my way, I came here immediately and then I was told what happened by Lisa. Did you get to whoever did this?" Toby had an angry glint in his eye, he looked like someone who was out for blood. Winston shook his head slowly, sadly.

"All we have is a note, there is no trace left but we have a haunch. "

"May I see it?" The children had gone silent. Winston suddenly all to aware that this was all for Theodore, the reason his Alpha was shot although it was actually meant for Christian, still the fact remaind that people might not see it his way, they might even want for Theodore to go. His eyes hardened.

"Can I go in? "He asked instead, motioning to the door where most of the commotion started. Toby frowned at him but shook his head

"Donovan doesn't want anyone in there, especially since Elijah gained some conscious and said that Theodore had to be the one delivering his babies." Winston nodded and turned around, the piece of paper suddenly weighing a ton in his pocket. He stepped out and bumped into Synthia whose eyes were wet with tears and as wide as saucers.

"I was looking for you. "She whispered gasping for air as though she had been running." Is he okay? "She looked behind him then back.

"All I know is that Theodore pulled the arrow out and closed the wound and now he is in surgery, bringing life to the world." Synthia smiled and Winston nodded before making a move to walk around her but she grabbed his arm. She hesitated and pursed her lips, her eyes conflicted and Winston frowned.

"What is it? "He asked her and she took a shaky breath.

"Angus..." That's all she whispered before walking past him and running down the hall.

"Angus? "