CHAPTER NINE√

Winston

Winston couldn't sleep, to many things were running through his mind centred around one person. The only man who had his head turning and his emotions all in a jumbled mess. He couldn't really believe it, he could have sworn that Theodore wouldn't want to even consider him as anything more than a friend. It hurt like hell when he saw the fear and pain in his grey eyes when he'd been told that they were mates, it broke not only his, but his wolf's heart as well. They had endured to much pain as it is,having believed that they were mateless.

He stared at the ceiling, listening to the sounds of nature, his window was wide open, he liked it better that way even with his brothers warnings of easy access for rogues or anyone who might want to harm him. He had high doubts about that fact. A chirping sound caught his attention and he turned to the window, his brows shot up at the sight of the bright blue bird staring in his direction. Slowly, he sat up not wanting to frighten it. He slowly made his way over, the little thing bouncing from side to side.

He reached out and the bird hopped onto his large finger catching him by surprise but he smiled. He brought it closer to his face, admiring the light blue glow in the moonlight. It chirped at him again, staring into his eyes as though trying to tell him something. He glance out the window.

"I wonder what you want. "He mumbled, running his thump over the back. It flew off his finger, dancing around him and he chuckled as it flew out the window with another loud chirp. It paused just where he could see and it seemed to tell him to follow. How could he not?

Winston jumped out of his window and turned to close them slightly before turning back around to the forest and heading for the directions of the chirping. He ran fast, a smile working its way onto his lips, he loved running, it made him feel free, untouchable and happy. He came to a harsh stop, his bare feet digging into the hard ground, leaving a dent. He panted, he was a long way from his home, but close enough to the pack house. He rolled his bare shoulders, he'd forgotten to put on some decent clothing but he didn't mind, being a wolf he was used to being naked or semi nude, like now, his boxer shorts being his only attire, he was comfortable.

The bird fluttered it's feathers and tilted its small head at him. He rubbed a finger over its small head and it flew up, leaving him. Winston kept walking as he started to hear soft humming. He pushed the bush away and peaked at what it hid. Ceasar suddenly woke inside of him, on guard and excited which could mean one thing. Winston watched, his heart racing as Theodore seemed to dance under the glow of the moon, a smile on his face. It would be the first genuine smile Winston had ever seen on his face. His breath caught at the beauty before him.

There were flowers around him, yello, pink, blue and more, all seeming to dance with him, every step he took, the flowers there would disappear under his feet only to reappear when he took the next step, he looked to be at peace, not a worry in the world. Winston was captivated completely, unable to remove his eyes from his mate.

"I know you're there, Winston. "He blinked as he stared at Theodore's turned back, his long white hair seeming to glow. Winston stood and stepped forward, there was no reason to keep hiding if he was found.

"I'm sorry, I...uh...didn't think he was leading me to you." There was a chirp and the same bird flew to Theodore and sat on his head.

"I guess I don't even know when I'm thinking about you, "Winston felt his heart skip a beat and his wolf howled with joy. Theodore blushed and averted his eyes to the ground.

-See! He does love us!

-Ceasar, we don't know if it's love yet.

-I can only hope, Winston, if I didn't I wouldn't be here. There was joy and sadness mixed into his tone and Winston sighed.