CHAPTER FOURTEEN√

Theodore

Theodore hurriedly walked behind Donovan, jogging to keep up with his large steps. Donovan carried his mate with care, tears running down his face slowly and in silence.

Theodore bit his lip, his heart beating erratically as his body buzzed with anticipation. He sensed a darkness spreading rapidly in Elijah where his wound was. He just knew,somehow that it was poisoned and that if he didn't begin tending to Elijah soon, it would spread and possibly kill both the babies and him.

"We need to hurry, Alpha, he needs to be treated, fast. "He emphasised with his eyes, that something was terribly wrong and hoped Donovan could see from the frantic look in his eyes time was not on their side. Donovan nodded to him and basically ran for the hospital.

Theodore paused by the stairs. He felt a presence for a brief moment before it disappear, he looked behind him and stared for a bit before shaking his head and running after the Alpha.

They reached the infirmary where an unconscious female body occupied another bed. Theodore took note of how affected Donovan was as he froze, his eyes wide as he stared at the blonde haired woman who looked to be in deep sleep.

"Mom? "He whispered feeling lost. Theodore frowned and looked at Elijah who had his brows pulled down in pain. He couldn't waste any time."Oh, God." Donovan whispered. Theodore raised his hand leveling it with his chest and effortlessly levitated Elijah's body out of Donovan's arms which seemed to get his attention.

"Time, Alpha, we don't have it. "He said strictly business like, it was like he was a completely different person compared to his usual soft spoken and shy persona,he surprised himself as much as those around him.

He placed Elijah gently on an empty cot and began to strip him to his underwear."Would you like to stay?" Theodore asked not taking his eyes off of Elijah's pain stricken face. Though it was pointless, Donovan didn't seem interested in leaving his mate's side.

"Of course, "Donovan's voice was shaky as he looked to his mother who was surprisingly pregnant. Then Donovan looked to his mate who looked pale. His main priority.

Theodore, with the help of the pack doctor, got ready to deliver the babies.

"Alpha, I am going to need you to get someone to get me Wolfsbane's, lilies and mint leaves from the woods, near to Winston's home, fast. The roots should be in tact." He looked him in the eyes and he nodded his eyes going out of focus for a moment. Theodore grabbed a surgical knife as Lucy injected Elijah with , making him sigh and sag into the cot mattress.

"Done. Can I ask why?" Theodore hesitated, he wasn't sure how he would take it.

"There's poison. I can treat it with those plants."He explained and looked to see Donovan's face pale and his eyes shifted to black and he released a deep angry growl.

"What!?" Theodore flinched at the outraged tone his voice took on.

"Please,stay calm. It will be alright." He begged as he began to cut open Elijah's stomach which steamed and his eyes widen. The pack doctor, Lusy, looked to him." It's spreading fast, you need to make sure those arrive in the next five minutes, and lots of it. " Donovan growled.

"Can't you just make them appear by the wave of your hands!" Theodore glared at him.

"Something's are best left alone, Alpha, do well to remember that." He didn't know where it came from but the truth in them held certain familiarity. He knew that he could do exactly what the Alpha had said but he knew doing that would only mess with the balance of fate, a balance his kind do well to keep level.